jack merkel engines

Mike

Give me a call on my cell, Ed had the number or e-mail me. Mike call Jack, he has some info about your motor you need to know about.

Jack Merkel new number is 732-388-7088, located at 25 Walnut St, Clark, NJ. He is still doing TR work, he just finished doing a Stage 1 motor.

I know Jack, Ron, and Paul and they are good friends of mine.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Danny's a very busy guy and has more work than he could want. It's tough to get a motor built by him because of the work schedule and commitments to his big customers. Besides, many in the Buick community are cheap and whiners so it would surprise me if Danny didn't want Buick business.

>>> Art,

Amen to all the above, especially the cheap and whiner part.

Originally posted by gnxtc2
Mike

Give me a call on my cell, Ed had the number or e-mail me. Mike call Jack, he has some info about your motor you need to know about.

Jack Merkel new number is 732-388-7088, located at 25 Walnut St, Clark, NJ. He is still doing TR work, he just finished doing a Stage 1 motor.

I know Jack, Ron, and Paul and they are good friends of mine.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Hey Billy,

When's your motor suppose to be done? It's been a long time since you've been down the track.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with you on Sunday (Labor Day). Only saw you when I was pulling out for first round of bracket 1. Only gave ya a nod but didn't mean to slight ya. Hope we can chat next time.

Is your motor the Stage I?

Motor was done in April. I broke in the motor and left for BG.

I had my share of problems at BG.
I had my trans gone over by Eric and re-used my Precision converter(never raced on, just used to move the car around). The converter broke apart inside and took the trans out. Eric lent me his spare trans and Jack Merkel, Dan Leazer and I swapped in the hotel parking lot.

The next day at BG
I had tuning problems. The car was running pig fat, it was popping all down the track. My diesel truck blows less black smoke out. Now my problem was that I needed a chip burner but couldn't find one that was able to burn a correct chip for me. I got disgusted and just hung out.

When I got back from BG, I made several changes to my car
-Got rid of the lock-up converter went to a Pro-Torque 3600-3800 non-lockup
-Ditched the stock ECM and installed a FAST w/wide band O2. No more being depended on chips
-Increased my TB size to a 70 from a 62
-Changed my IC pipes to 3". FYI:Guys with a V1/V2 with a 2 1/2 pipes, Cottons FMIC pipes fit 100%

My motor build is for a TSM car

I just finished my car yesterday, and need to put my glove box back and some minor odds and ends. Probably will have Dale Cherry dyno tune it for me in a couple weeks, unless someone else has a different idea.

If you want my build up, e-mail.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com