jack merkel engines

LMAO:D :D :D :D :D

Another stock block in the 10s coming to you shortly.

I'll buy a whole box when they get printed. The jack should definitely be on the cover :D

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Better get the Jack powder coated if it is going to be on a card! No ricer colors, tho...something dignified as befitting a Buick Jack.

...And leave the wig off of it.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by JoeHorvith
wow alot of talk going on here, we went 10.76 back in 95 with my buick with a stock block.... Rich has been doing it now for about 4 years with his car and his wife's runs in the low 11's, can't beat that..... With the knowledge and parts out there you can easily get a stock block with good heads into the low 10's now...... Hey lets get that camper and the elvis cd's and do a lil shake rattle and roll!!!!!!!!!
Joe Horvith Noslo6................

:) Joe, I think Rich would hurt something if he did to much shake, rattle and rolling BAHAHAHAHAHA he needs to just tap his foot.

One question, who is going to be the Joker card????

FWIW theres a reply/statement/opinon posted on this thread on the GSCA BB in the Nats General section.

IMO it should be posted here too, that way the reply/statement/opinion expressed on the GSCA BB can be expressed here too where the posts were made.

We'll see if it makes its what over here.

Hello All,

Just noticed that this thread has grown another page, and has took in my opinion a nose dive. :( :( :(

I thought that this was going to be a positive outcome, and helpful to those needing *( HELP WITH THERE TURBO CAR )* but I guess I was WRONG!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

This started as a question about steel caps & girdle then turned into a who ran the fastest with the least issue, we then started to answer questions and get some in my view real good feedback from all sides of the fence, when all of a sudden it now turns into a new deck of TRADING CARDS ?? and the gsca being dragged into the mix in a not so positive way..

Like I have said in the past in writing and in person I am always willing to answer questions no matter who it is or what the question is. I also believe we are all entitled to agree or disagree, but there is a proper way to do so. There are alot of different clubs, race events, shows, etc.. and the intent is for everyone to have a good time. I also believe you can never make everyone happy and there are always things people like and dislike about different events but the idea still is to have fun as a group.

I hope this does not stir the pot anymore because I think the soup is done already but its just my 2 cents. I can not understand why a group of " adults " can not get along

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Paul

I have not read this thread in a while. I also read the response on the gsca thread. I have to say that we at the JCC Racing Team are in agreement with the gsca. When Special Oops posted about the trading cards (although I’m flattered) and wanting to dredge up long swept under the rug sentiments I was very surprised. I kept asking the question as to why someone speaking for the gsca would want to dredge up this stuff since it's water under the bridge. There was a big riff a while ago but we have all sort of kissed and made up as much as we are going to. The gsca even allowed us back on their board as a gesture of good faith.

I am glad that the gsca has decided to address this on their board and call this guy out and state publicly that he's neither a member of the gsca or ever has been. Obviously this is a troll who either likes to dredge up trouble or has a hidden agenda against some of us or the gsca. Really sad when someone needs to hide behind an email address and tries to pass themselves off as someone he is not, especially a Marine. If you are a Marine, I hope they didn't teach you this at Parris Island!

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
There was a big riff a while ago but we have all sort of kissed and made up as much as we are going to.

>>> Chuckle.....you got that right!!!

The gsca even allowed us back on their board as a gesture of good faith.

>>> Agreed that was a nice thing for Mr. Lassiter to have arranged and speak to the powers that be.

I am glad that the gsca has decided to address this on their board and call this guy out and state publicly that he's neither a member of the gsca or ever has been.

>>> Hopefully that same address can be cut and pasted and put here as we approach 5000 views.

So - still no one? I find it soo hard to believe that his engines can be that good because if that was true: A) There'd be tons of people who had them & by default B) At least one has raced it and is a member.:rolleyes:

Believe it. I made a few changes regarding my current combo. I figure in about two or three weeks I should be able to post some good times. Looking for low 11's or high 10's. Till then driving it to and from work everyday (80miles) still puts a smile on my face. :D :D :D

If you want proven race engines in the 10's , why not call RPE if your on the east coast. He's been building them for years and has motors in the 8's (including hopefully mine this year:D ) Ask Jack Cotton how well his motors hold up to abuse.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
If you want proven race engines in the 10's , why not call RPE if your on the east coast. He's been building them for years and has motors in the 8's (including hopefully mine this year:D ) Ask Jack Cotton how well his motors hold up to abuse.
When we are talking about 9's and 8's we are talking about a whole different animal! I think the thread really surrounded around 109 blocks with some extra kick to them not Stage motors like yours, Jack Cotton’s, Tony Gomes, Eric Rankin, Joe Horvath, mine, etc. (all built by RPE).

Art, Bob has built I think every 109 block that has come out of all the vendors shops you have mentioned, many in the 10's. I think the thread has switched to people looking for a builder that has proven performance which I can't blame anyone for. I think all the stage guys mentioned started with a 10 second 109 block. I don't mean this thread to be deragatory toward JM engines at all, but someone asked for a builder that has proven motors and I answered. If someone is looking to go 10's with a 109 block, it means they are making a very large investment.

Art, did you get your motor back yet???

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Art, Bob has built I think every 109 block that has come out of all the vendors shops you have mentioned, many in the 10's. I think the thread has switched to people looking for a builder that has proven performance which I can't blame anyone for. I think all the stage guys mentioned started with a 10 second 109 block. I don't mean this thread to be deragatory toward JM engines at all, but someone asked for a builder that has proven motors and I answered. If someone is looking to go 10's with a 109 block, it means they are making a very large investment.

Art, did you get your motor back yet???
I agree with you there Scott! When I was up at RPE he had one 109 block getting a Race Jace girdle and another getting steel caps. The steel caps were cool, even had the power-6 logo on them!

Yup, I got my motor back. It's still sitting on the stand in my garage, no money left to race it. I have some alternator fabrication to complete. I ripped out the top alternator mounting tab from the alternator last year. I think partially because the original bolt didn't line up well and put stress on the mounting tab and that with the blown converter I'd gain RPM so fast that it torqued the alternator a lot. Just revving it from idle to about 3000 you could see the alternator move, hence why the weld cracked. This time I decided to TIG weld it and do it right. I pulled apart the alternator and TIG’ed the crap out of it. Practically melted through, maybe my heat calculation was a little off.... No distortion to the case but damn that thing was hot mamma!

I dry fitted the whole motor on the stand and snapped a bunch of pictures. I just don't have anywhere to post them so others can see.

I hear merkel has left Ron's is this True. I have a friend and Ron's is telling him that he is using a different machine shop:confused:

From what i hear he left due to pressure about 109 failures. Again i do not know how true it is, however nice to know if that was the problem.

Fartie go eat a hot dog will you. :D

I heard the same thing. A local here had a motor done by Merkel a few months ago. Merkel told him "There is trouble in paradise" Ron's web site is no longer up and Merkels web site has no mention of Ron anymore. It would be nice if Ron or Merkel would post on this thread just to clear this up. :confused:

Originally posted by ULYCYC
I heard the same thing. A local here had a motor done by Merkel a few months ago. Merkel told him "There is trouble in paradise" Ron's web site is no longer up and Merkels web site has no mention of Ron anymore. It would be nice if Ron or Merkel would post on this thread just to clear this up. :confused:

Yes it would be nice to know who is building 109 blocks in NJ. :confused:

Originally posted by njturbo
Yes it would be nice to know who is building 109 blocks in NJ. :confused:

Wel it looks like it's just Danny Smith again!:D

That is ashame after that BIG 3 issue write-up Jack had in GMHTP,
it sure looked like he knew what he was doing! Oh well....