jack merkel engines

Hey Roseyt

Welcome to the playing card roster. We thought we might have more names to add other than yourself but guess we were wrong. If we cant get enough names for a deck we may just do something like baseball cards.
JRSGN- You still havent helped out nor has any of the other three we have exposed.
Turbodiverart- We know how you feel and where you stand. You also havent helped us out with getting more names either. Where are they?
Its time for us to wind up this for a while as we need to get to back to working on our buicks so we are ready to race at the nats. We,re putting our forks and knives aside for now. But we will be keeping you boys in our cross hairs and looking out for any others that may step into our impact zone. What we have learned from this is if you want a 10 or 9 or 8 second motor go to Bob at RPE. If you want a 12 or 11 or 10 second motor then both Bob and Jack. m. can get the job done. This now makes two things we and hopefully many of you others have learned from this subject for discussion. We,re stepping aside for now and if necessary we,ll be back. We,re on a mission.

Greg Larsen
USMC Ret.

Originally posted by RCA/MERKENG#2
Hello all!!
In reference to Two Lane, Yes, steel caps and a girdle will give you the insurance you need with higher numbers of boost.
In reference to et's with no cap no girdle, I do recall watching Billy T run 11.30 @ 119 a few times with only valve springs.

thanks
Paul
You are correct Paul. Billy's motor was one of those mutant motors that just worked well as is. Pretty amazing when you think about it!

Don't forget Tim Stockwells motor years ago, he got that car into the 10's before steel caps and girdles were even around.

Originally posted by SpecialOps
Hey Roseyt

Welcome to the playing card roster. We thought we might have more names to add other than yourself but guess we were wrong. If we cant get enough names for a deck we may just do something like baseball cards.
JRSGN- You still havent helped out nor has any of the other three we have exposed.
Turbodiverart- We know how you feel and where you stand. You also havent helped us out with getting more names either. Where are they?
Its time for us to wind up this for a while as we need to get to back to working on our buicks so we are ready to race at the nats. We,re putting our forks and knives aside for now. But we will be keeping you boys in our cross hairs and looking out for any others that may step into our impact zone. What we have learned from this is if you want a 10 or 9 or 8 second motor go to Bob at RPE. If you want a 12 or 11 or 10 second motor then both Bob and Jack. m. can get the job done. This now makes two things we and hopefully many of you others have learned from this subject for discussion. We,re stepping aside for now and if necessary we,ll be back. We,re on a mission.

Greg Larsen
USMC Ret.
Greg, I don't see why you have taken this as a personal attack on us. I'm not the type of person that speaks for other people, I speak for myself. If other people want to step up and be heard then let them do it, I’m not going to give you a list of names that you can bother. Certain people connected with the gsca have a history of calling people at their homes (me being one) so I can’t blame people if they don’t want to step up and be counted when asked. Do I know a bunch more, yes. Do I know 48 more to fill your deck, probably not. Could I locate them by searching on the boards, probably yes.

Cross hairs? I think you may have spent too much time in the marine corps. You are watching us, I’m flattered? Come down to E-Town and you can watch my tail lights as I cross the finish line at 140, that's usually where I am, racing, not talking about it on the boards. I usually make about 100 runs a year at the track and spend many more days there helping out friends, people that have helped me out and anyone else who needs a helping hand.

Are you afraid to search the boards for yourself, you need us to come up with a list? We weren’t the ones who tried to dredge this stuff all up again. Rich mentioned a few boards to search, you might want to look here. I already told you that if you only searched on the gsca board that any negative posts have long been deleted. Heck, I've had my own posts deleted from that board, right before I was kicked off years ago. I was let back on the board but I don't think I have ever posted to it in the past couple of years. If I have it's been very minimum.

BTW – If you produce your deck of cards, I’ve got a picture you can use. I’d also be willing to personally sign them if anyone wants to come to the track and ask… J

Hey, Artie, It would be a privilege to have one of your cards! I will even bring my own pen if you will sign one for me! :)

Special ed or ops,

Artie & rich hit the nail on the head. ' DO A SEARCH' I forgot tho, the gsca BB has been changed a few times :rolleyes: so it may be hard to find..

And IMO, Paul & staff KNOW what they are talking about so if there is any Q bout it, call him..

Now Answer my Q's
What # are you??
Why does it concern you so much what we think??

Jim

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Hey, Artie, It would be a privilege to have one of your cards! I will even bring my own pen if you will sign one for me! :)

Me too,me too!
Give me a call on enight this week Art,I'm getting bored up here.:D
Maybe you can tell me how your friend's project is coming along,since the bum is too "hoity toity" to call himself.

Can I get a separate card for the Jack? The Jack in all it's splendor, load with RCA decals, it's own custom license plate, wheelie bars,stats of it on the back (load capacity etc).

Maybe even a separate card for Arties welder....sweet piece in it's own right.

Think we are up to 7 whole cards now, should be hot sellers at all the card shows.

Can girls play too? I believe that I raised a few, not so good, eyebrows last year on the GSCA board after the Nationals (most of which were locked or deleted).....and received a couple pleasantly unpleasant phone calls.....:eek:

Renee
70 GS 455
12.03 @ 114
BPG # 1091

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Steve, you come all the way up from Texas for my autograph, I'll put you up in my house, provide the pen and let you keep it as a souvenir! :)

Thanks bud!

Originally posted by ReneeM
Can girls play too? I believe that I raised a few, not so good, eyebrows last year on the GSCA board after the Nationals (most of which were locked or deleted).....and received a couple pleasantly unpleasant phone calls.....:eek:

>>> Of course you can play Renee, your insight is both valued and appreciated. In order to clarify alot of the verbage going onn here perhaps you can enlighten us on the phone conversation and its applicable content.

Something like this:

BRRRIINNNNNNNGGGGGG (phone sound)
Renee: Hello?
Mr X of GSCA: Why dos you not coming to da Nats?
Renee: Well I have some "concerns"
Mr X of GSCA: Well what might they be besides oil purkolation (sp) on the track.

Renne you can fill in the rest if you so chose to enlighten us all.

BTW Renee.....welcome to the deck of cards!!!

Originally posted by Buicksx2
Can I get a separate card for the Jack? The Jack in all it's splendor, load with RCA decals, it's own custom license plate, wheelie bars,stats of it on the back (load capacity etc).

Maybe even a separate card for Arties welder....sweet piece in it's own right.

Think we are up to 7 whole cards now, should be hot sellers at all the card shows.
I swear, you never cease to crack me up! The Jack having a card, brilliant! Especially in some ways, it started some of this stuff oh so long ago…

Originally posted by ReneeM

Renee
70 GS 455
12.03 @ 114
BPG # 1091
[/QUORenee,

There's always room for someone that makes those awesome frozen drink things... :)

Room, of course, there's at least 40 more card spots available!

Good to hear from ya!

Better get the Jack powder coated if it is going to be on a card! No ricer colors, tho...something dignified as befitting a Buick Jack.

I haven't been posting lately been busy for a change. You can make up a card for me also. Many sour feelings from 1994 and haven't returned since. Just wait for everyone to come home after the May event. That's when the GSCA board goes haywire with complaints, locked threads then the board crashes. The Jersey floor jack crew has many supporters across the stream here in NY. I'm packing and getting ready to leave for some no nonsense non political racing at Norwalk this week.:cool:

I joined the Buick Performance Group over the GSCA this year.

Okay 2 of clubs is good enough for me..... ;)

Still too many V8 guys and gals but they're okay. :cool: :D

Originally posted by salvageV6
I joined the Buick Performance Group over the GSCA this year.

Okay 2 of clubs is good enough for me..... ;)

Still too many V8 guys and gals but they're okay. :cool: :D
I'm a BPG member and a turbo guy so you're not alone. In fact just got my newsletter today from BPG today, what are the odds of that? :)

Well a news flash,

The new gsca Trading cards will be released end of next week....
16 of the Hottest cards avalible to date....
Limited series #1...
Sure to be collectables...
Get them while they last....
Series 2 will be out May 21st...

There gonna Be Hot, Get them while you can...

Jim

wow alot of talk going on here, we went 10.76 back in 95 with my buick with a stock block.... Rich has been doing it now for about 4 years with his car and his wife's runs in the low 11's, can't beat that..... With the knowledge and parts out there you can easily get a stock block with good heads into the low 10's now...... Hey lets get that camper and the elvis cd's and do a lil shake rattle and roll!!!!!!!!!
Joe Horvith Noslo6................

Originally posted by JRSGN
Well a news flash,

The new gsca Trading cards will be released end of next week....
16 of the Hottest cards avalible to date....
Limited series #1...
Sure to be collectables...
Get them while they last....
Series 2 will be out May 21st...

There gonna Be Hot, Get them while you can...

Jim

>>> You're right Jim they are gonna be hot. I just ran out and got me a big 3 ring binder and a bunch of those clear cellophane sheets that hold the individual cards cause I don't want these babies torn or marred at all. Ya know that once the edges are torn and tattered their values go down. Will there be a checklist included also? That gives us a chance to check off each card as we collect them.

I like the tool card idea too.....kinda like the Craftsman tools cards.

I'll trade ya 2 fArtie's for the ever tough to get drunken Jim Rome card and the long armed Steveo card (the rarest card ever) only 3 known to exist ever.

Can't wait.