You can type here any text you want

Jacked up Steering Box

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

edfiero1

So my 84 T type had some squirrelly steering even after getting an alignment so I replaced the rag joint and had the steering box rebuilt.

I am attempting to reinstall and I can't get the return line back into the gear box. Its like there is something in the bottom of the hole, preventing the hose fitting from going in. The pressure line hooked up with no problem. You can see in the attached picture, how the pressure line has a 'recessed cavity' at the bottom of the hole for the fitting to plug in to. However the return line doesn't have this. And as a result the fitting won't go into the hole deep enough to start threading.

Any idea what this is?? Can it be removed? I could probably drill it out, but I really don't want to take the box back off the car.

What kind of fitting do I need to make this connection?

Attachments

• 20170511_182842.jpg
    20170511_182842.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
I can't help with your question but I think I need to get my steering box rebuilt too. When you get the car back on the road, let us know how you like the steering.

Back