Jack's Open House

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Just wanted to say thanks to Jack Cotton for inviting us all there today for the Open House and pig out. :)

Plenty of good food and lots of Buick parts to check out.

I especially liked his Stage II motor tray table nice place to put the Ziti and meatballs. :D

Just over the line from CT too have to visit more often.

Lots of good Buick talk going on and I hope to see the Pumpkin at LVD soon.

Good to see a few actually drove their TR's in the monsoon rains today. :cool:

Yea.......Thanks Jack for a great day!!!:D Lot's of good food, open vend, and Buick talk. New England Dragway event sounds cool too!!! We need to do this more often :D :D . Weather could have been better, BUT it is February, could have been the white stuff!!!

damn good time .. especially the videos ..hehe .. or the one "special" video ..lol

i was there with my GN, Didnt get a chance to really meet anyone though,Lotsa of people there. Got my nice deep trans pan for that new bat brake i have comin.:cool:
Otto

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
i was there with my GN, Didnt get a chance to really meet anyone though,Lotsa of people there. Got my nice deep trans pan for that new bat brake i have comin.:cool:
Otto

ahh ... so you were the one i saw walking out the door with the sheet metal trans pan ..

yes it was.
Now as soon as the converter and brake get here i will pull the trans and install it , Going back to a lock up with a Bat brake.
Otto

Yeah, TurboBuick name tags woulda helped but then again there's a good chance I would have gotten sucker punched by a few people. :D

Otto I think I saw you there with the pan if it was under the purple Vette on the lift?

Ended up going through a foot and half of water on 91 south outside Hartford near Airline road. :eek:

I think I'll have to wash the K+N out in the spring. ;)

BBQ at Jack's??

No, I wasn't there but I have one thing to ask.....

WHEN'S THE NEXT ONE????!????!???

Originally posted by salvageV6
Yeah, TurboBuick name tags woulda helped but then again there's a good chance I would have gotten sucker punched by a few people. :D Sign up for LVD Race Day April 25th guys, gotta tune the Regals. :cool:

LOL..........I know what ya mean!!!;) We DO need more people to sign up for the track rental at LVD on April 25th!!! Look in the New England section on the bottom of site. Lot's of "new" performance iron going including some 03 Cobra's and Z06's!!

Yea, I wanted to put some faces to the names too! Otto, I wanted to meet you and had no Idea who you were. I remember the tranny pan jack had in his hand but I was deep in buick talk and couldn't escape. What a shock! You gonna race this year?

as soon as the track opens i need to do a few test passes with the new turbo and valve springs,the motor now pulls to a easy 6000 before it only reved to 5100 and shut down. Ther only problem left is the rollbar, and it wont be installed for a month or so,so i made need to try and get away with a few passes wth out the bar, am expecting and hoping for a 10.0-10.20 pass with hte new setup
Meet you guys soon
Otto

I was there with the BIG Impala SS. I missed the turn at the bank.
I saw Salvage's car near the body shop building & another GN with BIG tires in rear. Who's was that?

THANKS JACK had a good time & glad you had parts in stock.

Food was good & those tapes were fun to watch not to mention the engine build on the stand.

Pronto & V8killer had fun too..

i beleive that was my car, It was next door at te body shop with CT tags
Otto

Too bad we did not have name tags!

Then that was your car Otto. You guys are lucky to be able to drive year round. When we got back to NH the roads were slick in Milford NH. Lots of accidents & the OLE SS was fishtailing.

Well maybe next time we can say HI.

Thanks for coming guys, I had a blast. I usually stress about getting ready for these kind of things, but decided to just let it happen. Food was great, as always and it was good meeting some new faces. Salvage, I didn't realize you were in the crowd, not sure who you were now.The name tag thing is going to be a priorty next time, which I think we'll do as soon as it gets warm out. As for the new Buick drag racing club, I plan to set up a meeting for that very soon, if anyone is interested in participating, let me know, I'll add you to the list.

Jack,are you doing the Norwalk deal this year?Ron is looking forward to getting the gift certificate that you put up for fastest qualifier!:D

I couldn't believe how much food there was. It was definitely a good time. Jack, please keep us updated on the racing thing.

My car was over next to the tractor trailer in the very right parking lot on an ice floe. :)

Near a blue T that looked nice.

Jack said to me he was going to the Norwalk Ohio event.

Jack I was with Ben and Ken from CT black jacket with the purple sleeves, I asked you about the Mease intercooler there on the floor. I didn't have the $$$$ for the ball bearing turbo we talked about so I didn't give you my screen name LOL. I also asked you about LVD and Norwalk race days. :)

Anyway everyone should sign up for LVD raceday on April 25th should be good temps. to run some good numbers.

Lotsa exotic and fast cars to run with too. :cool: