You can type here any text you want

Jeep steering shafts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigballsbilly

I see a lot about these but am not sure what is so much better about them than the stock shafts. Anyone care to explain?

So it uses a u joint? Isn't the idea of a rag joint to help eliminate road vibration noise and harshness? So to those of you that made the change what are your thoughts on the switch?

Correct, it uses u-joints....two of them to be exact. Mine's smooth as silk and no additional road noise or vibration that I noticed. Hardest part was getting the old one out. If you're rag joint is still in good shape, there's not much of a benefit to swapping over IMO.

it use 2 u-joints but instead of the rag at the bottom that gets oil soaked ..at the top of the jeep shaft it has rubber around the shaft with a collar around that (like a control arm bushing) that elimnates the rotational slop and stops vibration from the chassis , the bushing has less flex than a fabric rag joint

Gotcha. Sounds like a win win to replace a stocker with rag joint play with a jeep shaft. Thanks for the explanations.

Last edited:
Try a search, there was a board member on here that was locating them, cleaning them up and selling them here. I just can't remember the name. Sorry.

I searched for the specifics on the years but couldn't find a definitive answer. Found one at the wrecker from a 93 looks like the right one but haven't got it in yet.

Back