You can type here any text you want

Joe Lubrant Tuning Questions...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Orion231

Hey Joe, what is the best way to tune my car for your chips? I just installed a PT 51, MSD 50s(With two of your chips), 3'' SS THDP, Hooker dual Exhaust, etc. My question is what fuel pressure is usually "optimal" for just street use and 15 PSI boost, Prescion said start at 43. I figured that was a good idea. What other things do i need to tune for? I have Turbo Link...

Originally posted by Orion231
Hey Joe, what is the best way to tune my car for your chips? I just installed a PT 51, MSD 50s(With two of your chips), 3'' SS THDP, Hooker dual Exhaust, etc. My question is what fuel pressure is usually "optimal" for just street use and 15 PSI boost, Prescion said start at 43. I figured that was a good idea. What other things do i need to tune for? I have Turbo Link...

43-44 psi fuel pressure is what is normally recommended.

16-17 psi boost on good 93 octane should be easily obtainabe with the street chip. O2 readings in the 800 to 820's should be very safe for street at wot.

750-770mv 02 readings are what I like to see with racing gas, at what ever boost level that works out to be with your engine/combo.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Joe...

Thanks Joe! Also another quick question. I am going from a stock setup to this combo, and the car ran great before. Well I popped all thsi stuff on and when I first cranked it up everythign was fine then the idle kept kinda going up and down 300 rpm or so, and it threw a code 43, ESC monitor line failure...Well I turned it off, looked at all the wiring, reset the ecm, took the chip out and restarted the car. It went away. THEN a code 44 came up...Exhaust lean condition. so I had to think for a minute and I realized my fuel pressure was set to accomidate my Greenstripe 30# injectors. I turne dit up to 44, reset the ecm and it went away. Last night it was 30 degrees outside, car started fine, idled good for 2 minutes and I put it in Reverse to back it out of the garage, it started to stall out, the rpm dropped and it seemed to kinda stumble, I put it in park and it was fine. Drove it 30 miles, idled fine. Runs fine. No codes. Maybe just cold natured? Or should I check something? Thanks!

I have a hint...

Ok, I have noticed the car doe sidle a tad rough on cold start ups and when u start it up after it has coole ddown alot, it will do it for a little bit. I *THINK* it maybe the o2 sensor, when it is in open loop it idles funky, and when it closes it idles smooth as silk. Whatch think?

ECM ignores the O2 in open loop...The motor is running on preset values in the chip until it goes into closed loop and then the ECM makes corrections according to the data the sensors are giving the ecm...

The motor runs in open loop until warmed up and also at WOT...

Back