John Martin scumbag - probably not his real name! Vendors and sellers beware!

Doesn't matter either was as I still get screwed out of the money for the order PLUS what it cost me to get the parts for it. Can't really tell if it was stolen or reported as a bad charge. Have called the number repeatedly and only get a voice mail message. Was trying to find out who actually lives at the delivery address but not doing too good on detective work.

Well I think it does matter. A Reported stolen card is one thing. I agree, ur beat. But not accepting charges with a confirmed delivery is something totally different.

Wait a few days and have someone from another area code call so it doesnt show the call is coming from CT. I'm sure someone of the board can help with that.

I did a reverse phone look up with the # they provided to you & it came back as a cell phone in the Seattle Washington area.....For a small charge they will give you with the name & address of who it belongs to...

Anyone from Washington want to try the phone number for me? 2069637065 Ask him about advice on tuning a GN. Course the perp might be reading all this getting a laugh.

The email address appears to be good as it is not bouncing.

Mark,

I went through all my sales invoices because I knew I had several that were shipped to WA. I came up with some that had some similarities but nothing with the exact address. The majority of those are from customers in Canada that want to save the added cost of shipping.

I think I will be doing the same, (Both addresses must be the same)..

I will go through all my 08' invoices tonight and see if any match. and let you know if I find anything..

PS: Other vendors might want to do the same as I'm sure he has bought other stuff.

Scot W.

i've gone through all my shipping receipts that i could find, can't find anything. i'm still allmost positive that i've sent parts to that address.

Well I think it does matter. A Reported stolen card is one thing. I agree, ur beat. But not accepting charges with a confirmed delivery is something totally different.

obviously it DOES matter!! why would you ship to a different address then whats on the card ??? :confused: .. mid US to west coast US are NOT near each other in case others don't know that :eek:

obviously it DOES matter!! why would you ship to a different address then whats on the card ??? :confused: .. mid US to west coast US are NOT near each other in case others don't know that :eek:

Happens every once in a while. Sometimes people use their parents card to get stuff shipped somewhere else. Not any more!

Mark,

I went through all my sales invoices because I knew I had several that were shipped to WA. I came up with some that had some similarities but nothing with the exact address. The majority of those are from customers in Canada that want to save the added cost of shipping.

I think I will be doing the same, (Both addresses must be the same)..

I will go through all my 08' invoices tonight and see if any match. and let you know if I find anything..

PS: Other vendors might want to do the same as I'm sure he has bought other stuff.

Scot W.

Thanks Scott!

Sorry for the late delay, I went through all of my shipping invoices and none had that address. Several to WA but they were all Canada people.

SW.

if the ip address shows qwest field as the ip address.maybe he works there call them and ask for john martin. if that doesnt work ask for the maintenance dept. and ask if someone that works at the place drives a turbo regal. got to be at least one car guy in maintenance. oh and one reason that sometimes i have sometrhing shipped to a differrent address is that i live 70 miles from the shop that does some of my work so drop shipping does help some out but i dont blame ya you cant go broke. oh and the 3.5 downpipe fit nice with your 3.5 dump pipe thanks

u guys that drop ship to other addresses for various reasons, if it's a common thing u can call your CC company and have them add an address to your account as a legit "billing address"

Buyer tried it on me yesterday!

Well I myself had a buyer try this on me yesterday! Not saying he meant to scam us or anything. But his billing addy didn't match the shipping..

Thankfull for 2CO (2 CheckOut) my online merchant, They do a Fraud check on Every transaction and this order was for $643.00. The buyer ordered a set of GN LED taillights and a Third Gen set of LED taillights. The billing address was in GA. and the shipping address was in OH.

2CO automaticly done there check on it an hour after it was purchased and it came back "Fraudulant" and returned the funds automatically. I had to do Nothing!

GREAT! On-line merchant with great service!

Mark H. Might want to check into this on-line merchant, It's well worth it in the end!!

Got an extra fraud/security suite added now after the horse is out of the barn! Might look into switching though.

I guess I am pretty much focked though as stupid me, getting ready to file some more paperwork with the Everett police and noticed that the tracking on the two packages I sent out never says they were delivered!!! Tracking stops on May 20th with no updates since! Dealing with the post office was a joy too, "we'll let you know if it shows up or not" Perfect thing would be if it was returned to me but no one there knows what to do.:mad:

I can understand if they guy didn't get his items almost a month later doing a chargeback but nothing adds up in this "perfect storm" of a transaction. If you were waiting on a part you would at least contact the vendor to see what is up. I have access to email 24/7. Customer doesn't answer the phone or emails I send and the chargeback deal says fraudelent transaction. Chalk it up to experience I guess. If he did get his stuff then I hope he puts it to good use. If the post office lost it then I guess we both lost out.:rolleyes:

Nope! Been doing this for 10 years now and never really had the need to til now. Sometimes I guess you just get burned and have to deal with it.