You can type here any text you want

Johnson Lifters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ken Adams

There is a party (boosterboy) on the V8Buick.com site currently selling Johnson Buick V6 hyd lifters for $45.95 and solids for $65.95. I would like to have input about these lifters before buying. Sounds like a good buy. Pros/Cons?

I thought Johnson was an original equipment manufacturer of GM lifters at one time. I also thought they folded at one time and then the company was purchased and reopened. Hopefully someone out there knows for sure. Johnson always had a good reputation. I bought out a large inventory of parts from an oil testing facility that used Buick V6 engines and the test engines were supposed to be built from OEM parts purchased from GM's main parts distributer. Those engines used Johnson lifters.

I thought Johnson was an original equipment manufacturer of GM lifters at one time. I also thought they folded at one time and then the company was purchased and reopened.

I was "told" the same thing from a local guy. I called Johnson last year concerning their solid lifter with the oil face provision for a solid flat tappet cam. I'd like to here the full story too!

If they have the stellite foot like the NOS ones then they are probably decent quality from just that one feature.

The Johnson lifters I have are marked "Johnson HT 969". That same part number is used by Sealed Power for Buick lifters.

I also have always heard that they are OE. Very dependable and quiet too. Made before America was totally sold out to China.

Back