Junk Bravada Find/New appeal

WE287GN

So Lately I have been reading up on SY-TY stuff. ALways been an S-10 fan.
The Typhoon really apeals to me because of the blazer body.And of course being a TR nut over the years I love the power plant ..
I have also read many posts on different forums about peole asking to make clones, and how the general answer seems to be, it would just be easier and cheaper to buy a complete truck..Kinda like wanting to build a turbo buick powered f-body, maybe worse..Thats another someday project:wink:

I am not sure I am 100% sold on the AWD thing vs a rear wheel in the hot rod world, maybe I just dont get it..anywho
While hutning for Regal sheetmetal donors in a local boneyard I did come across and early 90's Bravada..(the 1st gen s10 style)
Now isnt the transfer case shafts and front diff suposed to be the same with maybe the gear ratio being the exception??

Was wondering if this would be anything trying to score for a someday project, or replacement parts i I ever own a Sy-Ty?

Anyway, just some thoughts if anyone feels like chattin..

There's several way's to go about it.

You could use that Bravada. The entire driveline is the same in the bravada and the Typhoon. (Transfer case) is the most special. Viscus clutch that allows you to turn with out the truck acting goofy like a reguar 4wd.

If your not convinced you want AWD you can get a newer (98up) Extreem S-10 or Blazer 2dr 2wd and put typhoon exhaust manifolds on it and a Marine intake off a mercruzer boat that gives you external injectors/FPR. The newer ECM's use HPTuners to tune the ECM for boost.

I think the stock Typhoon intercooler/intake/plenum is not a very good design from a flow standpoint. Not very even between cyl.

Other advantages to the newer vortec engines are the ballance shaft and great flowing Vortec heads. It's expensive to adapt the stock sy/ty upper end to the newer vortec heads.

I've done our 98 4dr GMC Jimmy with Typhoon mflds.. Marine intake ect. It's super depenable.. get's better MPG than stock and I'll be it runs mid 13's with 10lbs of boost.

There's a few options for you. I've got pic's and more details on either way.
Feel free to e-mail me any time.
Scott~

Thanks for the reply..Some interesting info there..If I dont end up with an original someday I would definately stay in the 1st gen yrs, just kinda partial to that body style..When I go to pick up my Regal, I will ask what they want for it..
Dont know much about boat motors, I aways though mercruzer was a Ford thing"Mercury". was I off?
I still have more research to do, mainly about intake ECM, harness..need to find out how specific these things are..so will this intake you speak of go on the older 4.3? the older stuff sounds like its right up my alley, basicly a 305, or a 350 in a 6cyl form right?

There was a Bravada here that has a sbc in it and 17" Vette wheels.