Just bought 87 GN

92 Z-28

UN-BOOSTED
I just bought a 87 GN. It needs paint, so I was planning on black like every other GN. I really like this other color called admiral blue (grand sport vette color), and I was wondering if any of you thought it would be stupid to change the color. Please give me your feedback. The car is going to the body shop on saturday so I need to decide. Thanks for any help.

It's up to you. It's your car, but I'd hate to see a GN painted anything but black. Yeah, I know there are a few out there that are other colors but to my eye they don't look right. ESPECIALLY if you aren't going to be stripping the entire car down before painting. That blue paintjob isn't going to look too cool on a car with a black engine bay and black door jams. Then again, it's YOUR car and if you think it would look good in blue then go for it. At least I give you credit for having the balls to do something different. Good luck on your car whatever you decide.

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Keep the GN black. Thats the way the Lord intended it. I bet that Z-28 would look sweet blue:)
Well I sold the Z-28 to get the GN. :)

Back in black??

My '87 gn is black - but the paint is quite good and I really like black even though I live in Texas - I have a '99 black Lightning as well. I have seen a one nice blue turbo regal, and a reallly screaming yellow one - all gn's I have seen have been black - but hey, how about that bright pinky red twin turbo one that Mr. Duttwieller built, went out and ran world record times in and was featured in that Tim Allen VS Jay Leno burnout contest - have you seen the video! Color is truely a personal thing - it's your car and we do still live in the good ol US of A !!

I say go for it. No offense to the GN guys, but all of those cars look the same. Is that the blue from the 96 corvette? that is a very nice color IMO.

A guy in our local club just painted his '87 GN Dodge Viper blue. It looks pretty good, but it looks more like a Turob T now instead of a GN. Probably easier to get street races with a blue turbo regal than a black one though. :D

Originally posted by XLR8
A guy in our local club just painted his '87 GN Dodge Viper blue. It looks pretty good, but it looks more like a Turob T now instead of a GN. Probably easier to get street races with a blue turbo regal than a black one though. :D
Thats basically the same color, can you please try to get a picture for me?

Car Color

Here's the way I see it. GN's are supposed to be black and turbo can be burgandy, white etc.The GN looks like its moving and angry even when its parked, I don't know what to
say about a blue GN, but, dude, its your $$$.

Jolly Roger

The black color of the GN is what makes a GN a GN. Don't do it!!! You might regret it in the future.

I'll try to get a picture. Then I'll just need someone to tell me how to post it.

Its YOUR car...........paint it how YOU want it. Blue with 17" Torque Thrust IIs would be cocky though. Its up to you. If you plan on selling it anytime soon, paint it black. But if you are gonna keep it for a while, do what you want to it. Its your cah. Good luck:D

Like everybody else has said, it's your car, but I would keep it black. A GN in any other color just doesn't seem right.

If you paint your car blue It will look like one of those "10" second civics out of the Slow and the curious. I mean the fast and the furious. It is a sweet color, but it belongs on the vette only. Black and sinister is the way to go.

KEEP IT BLACK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! i hate seeing GNs NOT black:( it's just what they are known for...being black and very quiet and INSTANELY fast!

KEEEEEEEP IT BLACK! I know how you feel as i was going through the exact same thing! STAY BLACK!

Look at it this way: Your car has to wear black to funerals.....and there will be alot of killing in a GN:cool: