Just bought 87 GN

Paint shop colour changes cost extra money... save the cost by not changing the colour and buy an nice bolt on ;)

"Paint it Black..."

whatever souonds like your stuck on blue. paint it blue then.....youll regret it though.

Originally posted by lalonde441
whatever souonds like your stuck on blue. paint it blue then.....youll regret it though.
I have not decided anything yet. Why do you think I will regret it so bad? :confused:

Like somoene on this post already said. People will think you have a fake GN or a turbo-T (I have nothing against turbo-Ts).

What you have is a classic car. An 87 GN that car came in black for one is meant to be black and looks best in black. If you ever decide to sell it later on......well most true classic car people would snub the color for starters. Do it right the first time around and paint it the original color. Your grill is black the molding are black the bezels are black the inside of the engine bay etc.. is black....doing all that to blue well will look like crap if you ask me and if you dont it just wont look right. Sorry i just can see an 87 gn painted anything BUT black. Sounds like you should have bought a t-type. Anyway bottom line its your car and you paint it the way you want. These are just my thoughts and feedback to you and im only trying to be upfront and honest. From the looks of it so are more than a few others.

Also, think about this. Alot of people with t-types got to alot of trouble to convert there cars into a Grand National, rather than painting it another color.

I have seen white GN's which i think was a fad a couple of years ago. That is the only other color i would paint my GN if i had to. All those other colors such as yellow, purple, i think become an eyesore after owning it for a while, thus comes the regret.

Goto the max effort website and click on the link that says picture for a pic of a White GN

Well I think I have made my decision, I will post pics when its done. Thanks for all your input everyone.

Look at it this way. You sold your Z28 to get this GN. You'll probably sell this to get something else one day. A GN any other color then Black will attract a very small crowd. You would have to either repaint it, or sell it cheap enough for someone else to repaint it. Good luck though, whatever you do. :D

Originally posted by lalonde441
hey whats the scoop? what did you decide on for a color?
I just dropped the car off earlier today. You will find out in about 3 weeks when it is done. :D

The color change will hurt the car's value tremendously...if it were a Turbo Regal, I'd say paint it any color you like...but any color other than black on a GN, well, becomes a rolling oxymoron.

Just trying to keep you from making a costly mistake.