You can type here any text you want

Just bought a brand new Ford Edge "Titanium"...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I went at the Ford dealer to pick up my girlfriend's car which was in there for a minor problem, and when I got there I walked into the showroom to go pick up the keys to our car and there it was... a 2016 Ford Edge Titanium, loaded with all the options you could imagine and fell in love with it.
redface.gif
So the next day, I went back and met a salesman and after an hour of talking…you guessed it, I was the new owner !…I'm taking delivery of the car next Tuesday…Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Claude.
smile.gif

DSCN4880.JPG DSCN4881.JPG DSCN4879.JPG

Congratulations buddy! Nothing like the smell of a new car!!

Actually I like the smell of a new truck, especially a 2016 4X4 twin turbo including all the toys and I do not even know how to deal with all the electronic gadgets!

The Edge is a great car, enjoy it!

2016 F-150.jpg

I went at the Ford dealer to pick up my girlfriend's car which was in there for a minor problem, and when I got there I walked into the showroom to go pick up the keys to our car and there it was... a 2016 Ford Edge Titanium, loaded with all the options you could imagine and fell in love with it.
redface.gif
So the next day, I went back and met a salesman and after an hour of talking…you guessed it, I was the new owner !…I'm taking delivery of the car next Tuesday…Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Claude.
smile.gif

View attachment 277836 View attachment 277837 View attachment 277838
Congrats! Curious, what is it about that model that appeals to you, a performance car guy, what separates it from the rest of the dull as dishwater crap out there? Looks sharp..

Actually I like the smell of a new truck, especially a 2016 4X4 twin turbo including all the toys and I do not even know how to deal with all the electronic gadgets!

Thanks Nick!…nice F150 too! (y)

and

Congrats! Curious, what is it about that model that appeals to you, a performance car guy, what separates it from the rest of the dull as dishwater crap out there? Looks sharp..

It's not a performance car but it's a great every day all year round vehicle. (y) Also I already have a '11 Lincoln MKX which has been trouble-free and that I'll keep for my girlfriend.;)

Claude. :)

Even tho it's a Ford, I still give it a thumbs up! Lol

I gave up on "Government Motors" years ago as my daily driver is a 1987 Regal Limited. :)

My wife loves her Flex Limited which is the same red as my truck!

We bought a '16 CTS VSport (twin turbo, 420/430) in January, still learning all the electronic doodads. All that stuff is surely nice, but the learning curve is steep!

UPDATE: I bought my '16 Edge last April and although I've had several brand new vehicles in the past, this is the one I'm the LEAST HAPPY with.
cry.gif
I bought it because I saw it in my dealer's showroom and "fell in love with it" I loved the look, and already had a '11 Lincoln MKX (bought used, which is one of the best "everyday" vehicles I've ever owned) and expected this new Edge would be just as great but I'm already disappointed with it. I must say that I'm quite picky wen it comes to my cars and this one is such a big disappointment to me…
hammer_self.gif
I don't know what to say.

First, the right side doors don't align when closed and look like if it had been involved in an accident and poorly repaired. Seeing that, complained to my dealer and they sent it out to a body shop to readjust the doors. They're now a little better but still not right. They also flaked the paint from the bolts which hold the doors and also the door hinges. After calling them, I was given another appointment in a few days from now to have the doors realigned a second time so I'll see if it gets better.

Second, I was never able to hook up my cell phone to the f**ing "Sync 3" system…I HATE it! I went to the dealer to ask them to help me with this and …you guessed it…they said it was my phone which had something wrong with it. Yeah sure...Funnily, it was working fine in my MKX!
rant2.gif

Third, that rear hatch opening device which is supposed to open when showing your foot under the rear bumper only worked once and never did work again.
sad.png

So for now, I'm still unhappy with it and don't know for how long I'm going to keep it.

Claude.:cry:

Back