You can type here any text you want

Just bought the new Viking coil over kit..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qnitro

Whats up guys.. Im building a pro-touring/autocross Grand National. Well the CCW's are on order, I have the Baer T4's in the garage, and the T/A cover and aluminum drive shaft there as well... I was going to do the Ridetech Coil over kit, but Talked to the folks over at Matts Classic bowtie and I just picked up the new Viking coil over kit, that now has a rear bracket very much like the Ridetech one..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viking-Doub...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f38a5aca7&vxp=mtr

Now to buy the UMI control arms and sway bars etc...

Kevin

Looks nice. GNS Performance has a lot of different pro touring options for your control arms and sway bars if you haven't looked there.

Don't forget to update thread with some eye candy! ;)

Have you scaled the car and plotted the suspension lines yet? Getting nice parts is great but if you don't do the right set up they may not give you the best results.;)

Man thats what I love about these forums...SO scaled you mean weight distro?? What does Suspension lines mean???

Have you scaled the car and plotted the suspension lines yet? Getting nice parts is great but if you don't do the right set up they may not give you the best results.;)

Man thats what I love about these forums...SO scaled you mean weight distro?? What does Suspension lines mean???
You need total weight, front to rear bias, and cross bias to see what spring rates will work best and if you need to add weight to the car to get it to behave like you want.

Plotting the suspension lines means figuring out roll center and instant center position. If you need to correct them this is the time to do it.

Ahhhhh.. Im going to move the battery to the back, add an upgraded bigger aluminum radiator(lighter) and do some motor mods(aluminum heads etc) trying to move weight around...I als0 ordered the DSE Sterring box and linkage.. Im a total noob.. so Autocrossing is new.. and Im not good enough to know the difference yet from weight transfer and centering.. Im building this car specifically for autocrossing..

I hope you have some tech knowledge and are good a math. Join Eng-tips forums and sign up for the automotive sections. There's a ton of info on chassis set up which will help. You can also ask just about anything you want and you will get answers from engineers, physicists, hot rodders, as well as ordinary techs like me.;) It may take some time for you to understand some of the stuff but it will let you get the car set up so you can do better when you race.:cool:

Its funny a buddy of mine works at Ridetech.. he rolls a 1967 Camaro and Im going to beg him for help too.. :) I have a full shop with lifts and such so adjusting and modifying shouldn't be an issue

Just a heads up, We are a supporting vendor here and save the members quite a bit when it comes to suspension & brakes, Keep us in mind on your next order and we will meet or beat others pricing...
We just saved a customer yesterday over $300 and also threw in Free shipping!

Last edited:
Scot just saved me 150 on my order and got free shipping

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back