Just got my A/C finished!!

RUQWKNF27

Went with all new stuff... Hoses, compressor, dries you name it... Up until now I was runnign a A/C delete pulley... But I got tired of the heat here lately when I get the car out for a spin.. Man I forgot how the compressor chugs theses cars down.. Its day an night in these cars when its hottt out compared to say 60 degrees!! Sorry for stating the obvious.. That an 96 degree heat.... :frown: I got a ArizonaGn radiator an with this heat an A/C full blast I am @ 185 degrees without the fans running.. I wonder if there is a upgrade for the blower motor for theses cars..??? :rolleyes:

Well I have had a GN before that had a bit more volume for what ever reason.. My T is not bad its just not like say my truck , which will freeze you out .. I understand that different configurations work differently. I need to pull the blower motor an make sure the condensor coil is clean an there is no blockage. Drew how is the car coming along?? What are you looking to run. E.T. wise?? I think I will go with the Maf Pro also seems alot are happy with it an I like to get rid of the Maf restriction.. I will ck the source you gave me to see if they can do a turn key deal on the Maf Pro. Also got a email from Freds Turbo Performance in S. GA, about tuning.So I will ck. both sources.Istake on my part fans cut on @ 175 ..

When you converted,did you use 134a or r12?R12 systems will feel like theyre putting out more than a retro 134a system.I just dropped mine off to have the a/c done this morning,way to hot in AL to go without it!!

Im shooting for anything in the 11's.Ive got my stack of reciepts and full coverage so im about to drive this one till the wheels fall off or it gets stolen!!Tuning with the Trans Pro is actually REALLY easy once you get the hang of it and you have a wbo2.Id say if you can set the TPS and have a good understanding of these cars already,you should be able to tune pretty well with a MAF Pro!!!You will definetely like it!

I did not kow that you had to have a Wide Band 02 in order to runthe Maf Pro!! Or is it just a accessory that greatly helps in the tuning process.. I didn't change anything over on my car all parts are 134A. All my org. stuff has been taken off even the hoses.. Next weekend is suppost to be a big race in Steele. Not sure if its there fastest street car shootout or what just heard the last of it on the radio.. Is this the same car that Matts cousin was working on?? As far as being way too hott in the afternoon i'd rather not even drive the car since it seems the hot air is just choking it anyways.. Theses days to get good air you need to go out @ 3 am..

IMO at the level youre at,not running a wbo2 with the Trans Pro is like running a Buick with the factory boost gauge,it can be done and alot of people do it,im just not gonna be one of them;)

Yea,its the same car that Brian worked on.Its a full roller motor now(206/206 roller,1.65 T&D's)....If you get an alky kit,itll run like its cold outside:)The Pro locks the ATS at 71d anyways.

RUQWKNF27 said:
Went with all new stuff... Hoses, compressor, dries you name it... Up until now I was runnign a A/C delete pulley... But I got tired of the heat here lately when I get the car out for a spin.. Man I forgot how the compressor chugs theses cars down.. Its day an night in these cars when its hottt out compared to say 60 degrees!! Sorry for stating the obvious.. That an 96 degree heat.... :frown: I got a ArizonaGn radiator an with this heat an A/C full blast I am @ 185 degrees without the fans running.. I wonder if there is a upgrade for the blower motor for theses cars..??? :rolleyes:

I never felt a big difference with the AC compressor running. The heat that makes one want to turn on the AC is what kills the car - the summer heat makes it feel like something is broken - YUK!

RUQWKNF27 said:
Ummmm ,you cant run the AC without the radiator fan running ,pop the hood and look......its always running with the ac on..

BandAid said:
Ummmm ,you cant run the AC without the radiator fan running ,pop the hood and look......its always running with the ac on..

Unless the fan delay relay is bad.

Fans come on @ 175 in my car... I meant to say " fans are on @ 185 degrees with the ac on full blast"... Replaced my blower to day an it blows harder . Guess the org had gotten weak..