You can type here any text you want

Just had a Roll cage installed where should I put rear speakers??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thunderace31

Banned
Ok I had my Roll Cage installed and as I suspected he wanted and said it was best to run the rear bars threw the Speaker holes so they were right over the Spring mounts.

Now I am just wondering where I should mount some rear speakers in the car?? :confused:

I drive it a lot in the summer and really hate to not have some tunes in it. I have Front speakers but with no rears its gonna sound like A$$ lol

Any ideas?? :cool:

Thanks for your input :)

You can fit a set of separates (or coax) in the areas on each side of the back seat, maybe a 6.5" with a tweeter. Will have to make a custom enclosure/mount for them. I've seen a picture on here somewhere that showed how someone did it, looked good.

or:eek:

Upgrade your front speakers with door enclosures or kick panel enclosures and just use some smaller 3.5" coax in the back just for fill.

Thanks guys Id love to see some photos of what they look like or how they got them mounted so they dont fall out :)

My other Ida was to add 2 new holes to the package tray and put them more to the center of the deck?? 6.5" or maybe 6X9 I have 2 sets of 5X7 from my old truck still to :)

Just looking for ideas I want it to sound ok as well. Not into the kick panel deal dont want to move my computer as I just purchased a new Computer box for down there.

Thanks guys Id love to see some photos of what they look like or how they got them mounted so they dont fall out :)

My other Ida was to add 2 new holes to the package tray and put them more to the center of the deck?? 6.5" or maybe 6X9 I have 2 sets of 5X7 from my old truck still to :)

Just looking for ideas I want it to sound ok as well. Not into the kick panel deal dont want to move my computer as I just purchased a new Computer box for down there.
Have you had any luck on which size speakers for the package tray, I am in the same boat as you trying to figure a way to install speakers along with 2 amps and a sub. Jr.

Nope car is still getting buttoned up as far as the cage so I havnt had it here to ponder lol
Im leaning towars something easy to do like 6.5" Mids with tweeters next to it. I may hook up an old amp to them to get a bit more bach there. But no subs I am trying to get the wieght down so subs out for this car. lol

Would love to have the 6x9's but there isnt much room in there and cutting the holes will be a ton harder. :(

Nope car is still getting buttoned up as far as the cage so I havnt had it here to ponder lol
Im leaning towars something easy to do like 6.5" Mids with tweeters next to it. I may hook up an old amp to them to get a bit more bach there. But no subs I am trying to get the wieght down so subs out for this car. lol

Would love to have the 6x9's but there isnt much room in there and cutting the holes will be a ton harder. :(

do a search for "tang band" they make some free air 6.5 and 5.25 subs that could work..

I was able to install a roll bar and keep my 6x9s.

Would love to see photos of that because the bars need to go in the stock holes to work properly they need to go right over the Spring tower if there off to the side or going back to the frame there just along for the ride and will add no strength to the car or chassie. :(

Huh??

Would love to see photos of that because the bars need to go in the stock holes to work properly they need to go right over the Spring tower if there off to the side or going back to the frame there just along for the ride and will add no strength to the car or chassie. :(

Why would you think that the bars extended to the rear end of the frame, are "along for the ride"??
The further the spread on the "triangle", the more rigid the chassis.
Furthermore, if the bars are bent, in order to go thru the speaker holes, and end up on the spring member, the rigidity of those members is considerably less than straight tubes.
Think the frame is "ok" behind the spring/shock mounts?
It's not. It's VERY flimsy. So much so, that the ends have to be supported when doing a notch......

BTDT, and have the t shirt to prove it....:biggrin:

Well donny Harper has done a ton of 7.50 chassies and he told me and a few others that the rear section of the frame dose nothing for the Suspention and also will not pass tech if the car went faster then 10.50 at an NHRA Track.
The Rear of the frame is super thin (Like the rest of it lol) The spring pads where the top of the springs set is 2 times as think as the rest of the frame do to the pocket thats added. When the spings push up on that area they will now transfer the power to the rest of the cage hence making it flex less :)

I have talked to 4 other chassie and roll cage guys and they all said the same thing. The rear of the frame is just along for the ride it will help if the bars are there but it dosnt help your suspention work better. Now the other thing guys are doing is running the bars over the spring and then back to the rear of the frame to add more riggidity there. but its not nessasary to do that.

Trust me when I say I "DID MY REASERCH" On the cage stuff lol

And I know donny harpper knows his ****!

Also Bar size plays a big roll in cage set up. Mine are all. 1.75" dom heat treated bars! Nice **** and cost a little more than mild steal but less than chrome moly :)

Cage should Pass tech to 9.50 :)

Back