Just Installed 55# Injectors and the BLMs are off

jojoe5

I just put in a modified ecm and 55 pound Injectors. I am running a Jay Jackson tb and intake. My blms start out ok at 128 then as the car warms up and goes in to closed loop they drop to 90 and the INT drops as well. I have tried fuel pressure from 38 static to 48 static and no change. I run a red 93 chip...Any ideas on how to get them right?

Just a question here, but I didn't see it in your post. You did put in a chip for 55's right?

Yes...Joe was over here so I know he has the right chip in it....I am stumped.... Here is some more info on his car..

IAC are at 6 warm in park
tps .41
7grams on MAF
BLM is 90
INT is 100

I went over his car and there was no air leak I could find....Any other Ideas...

Sorry for stepping in Joe...

Red's chips are often reported rich at idle...what do the blms do as rpm increases during driving?

So it would seem the idle blm cell is off in the chip?

What happens when you brake stall the car? Does it get back close to 128 as the rpm come up against the load?

Yep....I wonder what fuel pressure this thing needs to be at....It is on 45 static...

Originally posted by jojoe5
I just put in a modified ecm and 55 pound Injectors. I am running a Jay Jackson tb and intake. My blms start out ok at 128 then as the car warms up and goes in to closed loop they drop to 90 and the INT drops as well. I have tried fuel pressure from 38 static to 48 static and no change. I run a red 93 chip...Any ideas on how to get them right?

Sounds like maybe that universal chip just aint quite right for your combo, if in fact you've got everything mechanical right.

Is your O2 sensor showing some cross counts at other then idle?.
What the BL's in cruise mode?.

How does it actually run?, other then the BLs?

He says it runs great....Just real fat down low....Has an active o2...I will find out more tomorrow....

All I can say is that I had a Red A chip for both 42.5 and 55 lb injectors. At a very light cruise the BLMs were in the 95-104 range. Coasting from speed, it was 90. Nothing wrong with Red's chips, but with Jim Testa's chips, my "normal " driving fuel economy was about 4-5 mpg better. And, he puts a smidge less timing into it, I can run about 2 lbs. more boost than with the RA. I would e-mail Jim and get one of his chips, very reasonable price and he is a great guy to boot. I have e-mailed him a bunch of questions and he always went out of his way to send me a detailed response, and I have been to where he works and he spent over an 1/2 hour answering my questions on his time. Great guy.