Just purchased 86 GN with 4k miles

Why don't you guys add a poll to the thread?

Keep it original
Modify it heavy
Don't do anything and buy a modded car
Modify it but make it all reversible

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well I think the original poster just needs to get another car, one to mod and this to keep original. Of course he will need a back up car for when the modded car breaks down, so he'll have to get a third car. And if he has two modded cars he'll have to get another low mile original to match so a fourth car.

Thats what I did, not intentionally but that's what happenned lol

But really I don't care what he does with his car, it's his car after all

FIRST item on my mod list would be a 4" MUFF!:D:p

Boy Chuck I didn't know you liked them that big !!!!

I guess the older you get, you start losing your sight, mind and hearing and take what is put in front of you.:rolleyes:

I guess it's still better than an open header!!!! Those bitches are LOUD!!!

Boy Chuck I didn't know you liked them that big !!!!

I guess the older you get, you start losing your sight, mind and hearing and take what is put in front of you.:rolleyes:

I guess it's still better than an open header!!!! Those bitches are LOUD!!!
...all bitches are loud, if not then your not doing something right.

Tdishon said:
I have had a very good experience on here so far. My history is mainly restomodding c1 corvettes. I have always loved the GN's and love that most people have no idea what they are.

Just save the car...... Show people who have no idea what they are an amazingly clean and original grand national

I could care less about how many miles are on the car other than the fact of how much it's going to cost to change everything. Whats the point? I's a pain in the butt to do the work and the parts for these cars are rediculously priced for what you get.

My first step would be as followed:

1. 3" downpipe and exhuast so the turbo can breath
2. E85 or Alky kit if you dont have E85
3. Pull the original trans and put in a Lonnie Diers trans, the stock trans will smoke soon, might as well pull it while it's still good.
4. Hotwire kit, Racetronix fuel pump
5. 80lb injectors and TT chip
6. Timing chain and front cover mods
7. Scanmaster and knock gauge
8. Adjustable Fuel Pressure regulator
9. Fuel pressure gauge
10. If you really want to, change the turbo, I'd leave the stock one for now.
11. Adjustable wastegate actuator
12. Call it a day and drive the piss out of it.

---Jeremy

Jeremy, Thanks! I have a few of those mods on my list. #12 is what I want the most. These cars were meant to be driven.

Tdishon said:
Jeremy, Thanks! I have a few of those mods on my list. #12 is what I want the most. These cars were meant to be driven.

Show us some pictures!!!!!
Sounds like a nice GN

Nick(arizonaGN) has the car as of last night to tune and go over several things. He's taking pics while it is over there. I should have it back Sat.

There is no reason to post any pics since this car is like a "time warp" and will take you back to 1986 in a Buick showroom when you look over this car. :)

I have seen 1000's of GN's and many GNX's, but it gets no better than this car for originality and pristine condition!

Todd has decided first and foremost he is going to have lots of fun driving this car, and it will receive a few mods to keep him at the front of the pack. ;)

I appreciate his confidence in choosing ArizonaGN to help him along this new path, and hope this will be his most favorite "toy" from his garage!

There is no reason to post any pics since this car is like a "time warp" and will take you back to 1986 in a Buick showroom when you look over this car. :)

I have seen 1000's of GN's and many GNX's, but it gets no better than this car for originality and pristine condition!

Todd has decided first and foremost he is going to have lots of fun driving this car, and it will receive a few mods to keep him at the front of the pack. ;)

I appreciate his confidence in choosing ArizonaGN to help him along this new path, and hope this will be his most favorite "toy" from his garage!

Nick, will he be coming out to the Bates get together? Be sure to let him know if he needs anything from me I'll be happy to help.

Thanks Guy, Todd plans to be at Bates next Sunday. :)

Even a 4000 mile GN needs new bumper fillers after 27 years!