just received my very 1st GN 87

Hawaii808

Aloha to all!

I'm very excited to receive my very own Grand National 87, it was a hand down from the father because he bought a new truck

In the island of oahu, where can I go to do some changes and upgrades on the car. Does anyone know of cheap places that sells parts for a Grand National 1987?

The car is curently running however, the car shuts down in the middle of the freeway? Does anyone know what the problem is to this?

Welcome aboard,

Most people here order parts and put just them on themselves, I don't think any place in Hawaii sells parts for our cars.

Need more info for your stalling problem but I'm sure someone here will be able to give you an answer.

Welcome aboard...

shutting down for no reason?... does it start right up?....

Car shuts down on the freeway

Aloha Peeps!

Thanks to all that have replied to my post.

This message is for HI85WH1-

The car does shut down, however it cranks up right away.

I didn't mention this before, but I've been experiencing
ruff idol and emits white smoke during the idol. Is this normal?

Also can anyone help me????? Looking for a brand new turbo or maybe a rebuilt one and also a fuel control module.

Okay sorry for so many questions......I just have one more, What is the best way to cool down the turbo rather than just letting your car sit and run for couple of minutes?

Car shutting down

Could be a malfunctioning ignition module or a loose wiring to the ECM or even a bad O2 sensor or MAF. Need a scan tool to help diagnose your problem. My problem was the engine would die just reversing out of my garage. I ended up cleaning the throttlebody and the IAC valve and associated ports.

Like Geoff said, go to the website as there is a whole slew of good info. This should be able to help point you in the right direction. :)

Much Mahlos

Much Mahalo's GN motors, I would definately take into consideration all the reply's I get. All of you have the experience and knowledge that you can offer people like me.

again Mahalo's
Hawaii808

White smoke might just be the turbo leaking oil...Check the parts for sale on this site for a new or slightly used one usually some good deals...remember to ask for shipping to our zipcode.....Go do the spring cleaning job on the engine and stuff might help your rough running engine.