You can type here any text you want

K B headers ands 3 1/2" downpipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

I have Kenny Bell Headers with Terry Houston 3" down pipe. As it is NOW they JUST touch after all tightened-- tough install. I would like to stay with these headers and would like to put on Terry Houstons 3 1/2" . Will they fit? Anyone have that set up? Note: still have A/C set up- makes it tough, but looking modifying kit for A/C box. LArry:confused:

Dave,

Have you tried the DP to know that it won't fit? Would it work by "clearancing the DP a little?

I'm just curious to know if I will have to do some fabbing in a few months.

THanks,
John

John, my 3" fits past the KB headers with NO clearance. I do Not have a 3 1/2" to try. Larry

Larry,

Do you know that TH actually makes two different 3" DP's.. they do make one for aftermarket headers that sweeps out farther.

John

Originally posted by Eticket
Larry,

Do you know that TH actually makes two different 3" DP's.. they do make one for aftermarket headers that sweeps out farther.

John

Not anymore.................

Brian,

I was pointing out that they do/did.. because I had one.. to say that the 3" barely cleared and the 3.5" wont' is kind of a misnomer. The two downpipes may not be bent to go the exact same centerline path..

Has anyone actually tried the 3.5" yet? No Big deal.. I'm just trying to be prepared for some fab work if so.

JOhn

th 3 1/2 downpipe

i have a 3 1/2 houston, works great, tight fit, stock headers. ed zeliesko

John,I have the 3" thats sweeps out farther- just barely clears the KB headers. I guess im stuck with the 3" TH. I will say I saw Mark Jackson at the Nationals. He has KB headers with the TH 3.5- However- he took the hammer to make it fit. Didn't seem to affect performance- he normally runs Mid - hi 9's with stk computor monitored wih OTC- Not bad! I can't do the Hammer thing- Im to nuts about appearance. Larry:D

Not anymore.................
Suposedly Pete at ANS is getting me a 3" THDP for stock or atr headers that sweeps out. We will see, supposedly shipped last week sometime. Ill let you know.

Back