You can type here any text you want

Kalmaker?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mac in SD

Anybody ever heard of KalMaker? They're in Australia, and make a real-time programmable modification for GM ecm's. I corresponded with them, and we went over some possibilities about our cars. Check out their site. www.kalmaker.com.au. Alan Gibb at Kalmaker says it'll work with our cars, but not with real-time programming because of a lack of high-speed serial data from our 7148 ecms. Anyway, it seemes like a possibility.

Did me mention when they closed their doors for 6 months with no notice just leaving their customers in the cold?.
With no on the fly tuning it's just a really expensive emulator.
No thanks, a translator plus is way ahead of what they have to offer.

If you want to rewire your GN to use an 808/165 ecm then you might be on to something, but I'm not sure you can even do that because of the differences in ignition modules.

If you wanted to use a 808 with a Kalmaker, you could for the same price or less use a Haltech, and have on the fly tuning.

Lots of novelty, but no advantages other then not having to erase proms.

Thanks, Bruce. I kinda figured it wasn't all sunshine and lollipops. BTW, I sent you a PM last week. Good stuff on diy-efi.org.

Originally posted by Mac in SD
Thanks, Bruce. I kinda figured it wasn't all sunshine and lollipops. BTW, I sent you a PM last week. Good stuff on diy-efi.org.

If I didn't return it, you're welcome.
I get a fair amount of off list mail, and so many guys using different names and handles, in all honesty I've just given up trying to keep track of who's who.

Back