You can type here any text you want

keep blowing fuel inj fuse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yah's 87

for over a year and a half, every 2 months i go through a 15a fuse for the underdash fusebox. Car runs great . 87 GN 130k mostly stock . TT chip set for fuel economy, 50 lb injectors, aftermarket TTA fuel pump, new bosch non adj fuel pressure regulator. I have the new scangauge and shows no codes. I havent any software for a more thorough intel such as datalogger, etc. This is a daily driver. Where shall i begin to solve this? thanks

Check to make sure the injector wiring harness is not shorting out on the individual fuel injector retaining clips on the fuel rail.

inj fuse is also fuel pump
check the black single wire fuel prime connector isnt touching the driverside manifold or shorted anywhere on the A/C , same goes for the rubbery fuel/oil connector down by the oil pump (runs to the fuel prime connector ) ..oil ruins the plug and can short out the fuel feed connector on the block if its been removed for a gauge sender and its left hanging

There's a jumper on the drivers side that you can apply 12v to to run the fuel pump, also has 12v on it when the pump is running. mine bumped the exhaust manifold, slightly melted the connector and shorted out blowing the fuse. It had just enough slack in the wire to do this occasionally. I finally figured it out, this was maybe 25 years ago.

The wire color is gray for the fuel prime circuits at the oil pressure switch and at the prime connector drivers side just above the exhaust manifold it falls on and shorts to.

well that was easy, found the wire just like pacecarta said, wire had some insulation mising and musta made contact with metal. Thanks for the quick responses everyone , i couldnt have done this without you

Back