You can type here any text you want

kenne bell #9006U3-40

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986TR

"EVIL RGL"
what do you fellas think of this chip.....old school throw it out?:biggrin: its in my friend car and he says it runs like crap so iam going to help him out and get it running right......what this guy needs is a TT chip:biggrin: iam just trying to get some feed back from some of you veterans who have delt with kenne bell chips.by the way hes got 42lbs injectors that 40 at the end does that mean its for 40lbs injectors? thanks in advance gil

I had that chip in my car with stock injectors for about 10 years.

Nowhere near as good as a TT chip, okay for drivability in most cases compared to the stock chip with good old Sunoco 94 in it, but that's gone now, so it has too much timing to be a good street chip.

Winter warmup sucked with that chip and it loaded up the plugs on occasion but not that bad, I cleaned them once a year and changed them once a year.

Sounds like it was made for the 40lb. red stripe injectors and he probably DOESN'T have those. So it's a BAD choice.

Get the numbers off the injectors, get the RIGHT TT street or alky. or race CHIP and drive happy. :cool:

Really!

salvage thanks for reply ....yes he does have 42lbs injectors so its not matched for that chip well i just happen to have TT for 42lbs iam going to try it...will report back:biggrin:

Just remember there's more than one type of 42's.

I have a TT chip for the Bosch 42 lb. greentops and the calibration is not very close to the usual green stripe 42lb. typical 009 injectors.

Double check the injector part numbers for sure, easy to see with some magnification and light when in the car.

And double check that they are the same calibration as yours or same part number.

Eric at TT should be able to help you by email too.

injectors

I hope your friend got the Bosch Limetops 42s#. They have 4 small holes that have a nice spray pattern unlike the 009s Lucas that have a rich three prong spray. Not much atomization there but raw fuel spray doesn't do much for your rings and cylinders:mad:

I hope your friend got the Bosch Limetops 42s#. They have 4 small holes that have a nice spray pattern unlike the 009s Lucas that have a rich three prong spray. Not much atomization there but raw fuel spray doesn't do much for your rings and cylinders:mad:

wow good info!!!!has any one had problems using 009 lucas any input is greately apreciated as iam getting ready to swap my blue tops 36# for some 42#s:biggrin:

I wasn't too happy with the 009's. Had a tip in stumble off idle. I played with the chip program and did manage to get them to work ok. Went to the Ford lime green 42.5# injectors and they worked great. Very good street manners.

Back