You can type here any text you want

Kenne Bell Roller Rocker Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BUICKT

Hey everyone, Im wondering if somebody could please tell me (or maybe show me with a pic) how you can tell if certain KB rockers will work with 8445 heads? From what I remember there is a difference between the rockers for the early heads and the later style heads involving notching for the later version.

Thanks,
Johnny

Anyone? I'm asking because I am looking at purchasing a set and both the seller and myself are not 100% sure if they are the "notched" design for the later 8445 heads (which wouldn't require machine work for installation, just "bolt on an go"). Thanks

You'll have to machine the pedestals, or remove some material from the edge of the rockers. Phil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You'll have to machine the pedestals, or remove some material from the edge of the rockers. Phil.

Thanks for the reply Phil! From your experience machine work would need to be done on the "Turbo Rocker Arms" (part #9322)? I was under the impression that these would be a direct bolt on from what's stated in an older KB catalog that I have... "New design for Buick V6 GN/T-Type/GNX features "notched" design. No machining of heads or rocker arms is necessary... "

The old ones I used, I removed material from the edge of the rockers with a carbide burr. Just on the side near the pedestals. Not a big deal, ran them for a couple of years, sold the heads with rockers. The guy is still using them. Phil.

The old ones I used, I removed material from the edge of the rockers with a carbide burr. Just on the side near the pedestals. Not a big deal, ran them for a couple of years, sold the heads with rockers. The guy is still using them. Phil.

Thanks a lot for your input. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and purchased them. Hopefully they're the ones that no mods are needed but after talking with a buddy of mine, and your reply, if they aren't I'm confident that we can make them work. Thanks again Phil

Back