You can type here any text you want

kill or not? (need help)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6-b-kwik

getting back in it
okay i just got this 1987 buick gnx (clone) and it has a bunch of mods the guy said it is capable of 12's..but i get no traction what so ever it just spins when i hammer it even at 55mph so heres the story? im 18 and turbo regals i guess take practice on learning how to drive them so i just try methods from reading them on here so im on the line with this supercharged trans am a new one and i spool up to 4psi before the wheels scream i let go and boom nothing but spin so when i finally gain on him he beat me by a fender. now we turn around coming back and we go from a 30mph roll so i spool her up to 7pds rip tire a take off i had him buy a half a car length can anyone tell me is this a win or lose and also i need to learn how to drive my gn any help appreciated also on the top end i stayed right wit him couldnt tell how fast stupid speedo goes to 85 we had to be doin 120+ thxs greg

You will be amazed at what will beat you if you leave the line with tire spin. Playing catch-up after a second or two of not moving is very, very difficult. Your car has to be A LOT faster just to even things up. Reaction time at the stoplights is important, too. Again, catch-up is tough - that half a second can mean a lot.

I run BFG DRs on my car all the time now - but I don't drive it daily. Get some sticky tires - it's a world of difference.

Jim

Sounds like car is not a posi. Get one. Spinning tires is cool for like the first day you have your car and after that it gets old real fast.

ya i got posi running 245/50/16 inch gta wheels tires have 25% life left,car has lots of goodies no traction though i need some tires!!!!!!!

Most of these cars, even stock, well tuned and with good valve springs will break street tires loose at the top of first gear anyway. So launching on street tires is really worthless. I have tried BFG DR's and Nittos. I like the BFGs for the street. They won't survive too many burnouts though, they are soft and sticky. They are around $135 to $145 each from online tire stores. There is a board member and I can't recall the exact screen name, that sells at a discount to board members.

As a followup to my last post....it is John C. at LedSLED Motorsports, screen name NOSjohnWE4, if you want to email him.

Back