Kill Switch

dwithers

I want to install a kill switch in my Buick but I really don't like the versions listed in gnttype.org. I.E. the reed switch and the poor mans pass key. I would just like to install a toggle somewhere.

Does anyone have a way of doing this? Where does the switch tie in to? Fuel, ECM, etc.

Has anyone written instructions for doing this?

You can either puts a switch in line with the power to the fuel pump or better the orange wire behind the battery. This is the ECM power wire. With this open the car will not start.

Not sure what the switches are on the site but I have one connected to orange wire from battery. Have them on fuses all over the car. Crank & no start.

Originally posted by dwithers
I want to install a kill switch in my Buick but I really don't like the versions listed in gnttype.org. I.E. the reed switch and the poor mans pass key. I would just like to install a toggle somewhere.

Does anyone have a way of doing this? Where does the switch tie in to? Fuel, ECM, etc.

Has anyone written instructions for doing this?

Sent you email

I put a switch on the wire going to my relay(the switched one) for the fuel pump hot wire.

I thought about putting a switch in on the orange ECM wire but decided against it. That will reset my ECM each and every time.

Any other ideas?

It doesn't hurt anything to reset the ECM. One of my disabling devices disconnects that wire every time I get out of my GN.
You have to get in to the ECM wiring and cut into the injector or the crank sensor wiring and put a switch in there. But make it some kind of a device like a 9 pin computer plug so the thief just can't flick one of YOUR toggle switches and drive your car away.
Tarey D.
You also want to disable as many things as you can to make it harder to start. ;)

kill switch for fuel pump

say I want to put a toggle switch under the dash for the pump. How would you mount it and how would you run the lines? Is it just two wires for the switch then run it to the pump and then how would you connect the wires from the switch to the pump? Always wanted to install a switch myself but had no idea how to so thats why i'm asking.

Dark Green wire with white stripe on it at the ECM. Connector 2 A1 terminal.

Open it and the fuel pump relay won't energize.

Close it and it will.

On/Off switch will work. Make sure it's a good switch. If it fails it will cause you problems.

Get one of those rocker switches and mount it between your back seat and that plastic panel below the window so you can't see it but you can fit your hand in there and turn it on and off. I ran 2 wires back to the relay I installed in the trunk and cut into the power wire for it. This way you can easily turn it on and off when you get in and out of your car.
Tarey D.

i would get a COLLAR LOCK from kirban and not have to deal with someone cracking open my steering column and finding the pieces on the floor board the next day IF your car is still there.

toggle switches wont fix that broken collar- that will just piss him off enough to do other damage to our cars...
yes and they are reading all the suggestions ya'll are posting

that should detour alot of would be thiefs from stealing your car, just by looking in the car and seeing the bright red collar--

i have 6 cars at the house, and every car has the collar lock and some other theft detourant-

the only way one is leaving is with a tow truck!!!

Antitheft chip & a power to the ecm switch in the ashtray. Turn off the switch in the ashtray & when you turn it back on, you still have to bypass the antitheft feature in the chip to get it to start.