Killing fields

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
:D
Well....my tune is a bit better now after a visit to Lou Czarnota, so I decided to go fishing.

First kill was another BMW 335i. I find that these twin turbo beemer guys like to try old school turbo muscle out....they are forever challenging me and I'm always glad to oblige. He was behind me for awhile and staying back, but then he all the sudden got some courage up and did a ricer fly by when I wasn't paying attention. I let him go by since I knew some traffic lights were up ahead and I was already at about a 50mph cruise. I ended up behind him at a light and we both slow rolled until I had a chance to get over, then it was on. I saw his back bumper squat as soon as I started to move over...caught him with my tires still spinning and then went right around him and walked him just like the rest of the 335i's I've had the pleasure of killing.

Next was a black Nissan Z. It had been modded and looked/sounded real nice. First time we each left the light with only mild agression with me ahead about a length and then I heard him nail it so I pressed the floor. My tires broke loose as the turbo spooled up and I was still loose as he came along side and fendered me. Once I hooked finally, I went around him, but slower than expected...this Z was definitely tuned up. We stopped at the next red and I looked over...he was white knuckeled with his eyes fixed on the light, so I knew he wanted another shot... but his cute girlfriend had a coy little smile on her face and was looking over out of the corner of her eye. I think she enjoyed seeing him get spanked by this old car.
I turned my attention back ahead after scanning the area for po-leece. Light went green and he nailed it.....so waddaya think I did....:biggrin:
I was loose and staying even with him and then as I hooked, I started walking him...but again...not as quickly as I'd expect to walk a Z, so I'd like to have learned what mods he had. We both got out of it when I was ahead by about 2 lengths....and then he took a hard left to go away and pout.

Finally was an 07 Mustang GT with an exhaust kit. We were stuck in a flow of traffic but he knew I was stalking him so each of us casually weaved ahead over the next couple miles until we finally ended up side by side at a red light with a clear road ahead.

Light went green and we both nailed it. I walked him right from the start with tires spinning and everything. It was over pretty quick and we both got out of it when I was up by a length...never even hit 60mph. Funny part of this one is I was sipping on my large Mountain Dew from Taco Bell in one hand while keeping her straight with the other. Going the opposite direction was a Suby STi. As we went by him I looked over and he was cracking up watching me casually enjoy my kill.
The GT pulled along side afterwords and the guy gave me a thumbs up, so I raised my Mountain Dew to him in a toast.:biggrin:

I'm gonna spend some more time on the tune in the next few days and then get her to the track on the next Steet Legal drag day to see what kind of ET's I can turn on street tires.
Till then....it's fishing season again...:biggrin:

Alert

:D
Well....my tune is a bit better now after a visit to Lou Czarnota, so I decided to go fishing.

First kill was another BMW 335i. I find that these twin turbo beemer guys like to try old school turbo muscle out....they are forever challenging me and I'm always glad to oblige. He was behind me for awhile and staying back, but then he all the sudden got some courage up and did a ricer fly by when I wasn't paying attention. I let him go by since I knew some traffic lights were up ahead and I was already at about a 50mph cruise. I ended up behind him at a light and we both slow rolled until I had a chance to get over, then it was on. I saw his back bumper squat as soon as I started to move over...caught him with my tires still spinning and then went right around him and walked him just like the rest of the 335i's I've had the pleasure of killing.

Next was a black Nissan Z. It had been modded and looked/sounded real nice. First time we each left the light with only mild agression with me ahead about a length and then I heard him nail it so I pressed the floor. My tires broke loose as the turbo spooled up and I was still loose as he came along side and fendered me. Once I hooked finally, I went around him, but slower than expected...this Z was definitely tuned up. We stopped at the next red and I looked over...he was white knuckeled with his eyes fixed on the light, so I knew he wanted another shot... but his cute girlfriend had a coy little smile on her face and was looking over out of the corner of her eye. I think she enjoyed seeing him get spanked by this old car.
I turned my attention back ahead after scanning the area for po-leece. Light went green and he nailed it.....so waddaya think I did....:biggrin:
I was loose and staying even with him and then as I hooked, I started walking him...but again...not as quickly as I'd expect to walk a Z, so I'd like to have learned what mods he had. We both got out of it when I was ahead by about 2 lengths....and then he took a hard left to go away and pout.

Finally was an 07 Mustang GT with an exhaust kit. We were stuck in a flow of traffic but he knew I was stalking him so each of us casually weaved ahead over the next couple miles until we finally ended up side by side at a red light with a clear road ahead.

Light went green and we both nailed it. I walked him right from the start with tires spinning and everything. It was over pretty quick and we both got out of it when I was up by a length...never even hit 60mph. Funny part of this one is I was sipping on my large Mountain Dew from Taco Bell in one hand while keeping her straight with the other. Going the opposite direction was a Suby STi. As we went by him I looked over and he was cracking up watching me casually enjoy my kill.
The GT pulled along side afterwords and the guy gave me a thumbs up, so I raised my Mountain Dew to him in a toast.:biggrin:

I'm gonna spend some more time on the tune in the next few days and then get her to the track on the next Steet Legal drag day to see what kind of ET's I can turn on street tires.
Till then....it's fishing season again...:biggrin:

TIM, BE CAREFUL TO NOT GET CAUGHT I'VE HEARD IF THEY CATCH YOU RACING POLICE GET RIGHT TO CRASH YOUR CAR AND I WOULD HATE TO SEE A GN GET CRUSHED SAVE IT FOR THE TRACK I KNOW ITS HEARD THING TO DO.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

TIM, BE CAREFUL TO NOT GET CAUGHT I'VE HEARD IF THEY CATCH YOU RACING POLICE GET RIGHT TO CRASH YOUR CAR AND I WOULD HATE TO SEE A GN GET CRUSHED SAVE IT FOR THE TRACK I KNOW ITS HEARD THING TO DO.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hear you.
I'd barf all over if that happened.

I know LA County (I live in OC) has the street racers car crusher law, but they apply it very infrequently. In the 4 years it's been out there on the books, I've only heard of a few cases where they have actually done it. They typically crush the cars of guys who are repeat habitual offenders, or who are busted at organized street races as regular participants.

That said...in Kalifornia, as of Jan 07, it became a felony to street race and they can book you same as they do for DUI and impound the car plus stack up massive fines and fees on you...so...it would not be pleasant that's for sure.

When I do partake in a race, I rarely take it into the level of violent death speed. As soon as it's clear I've won or lost...I get out of it and make a hastey exit after a freindly wave to the victim....or victor...
I also only do it if the road ahead is clear and I never do it in known speed trap area's.

So I guess you could say I do it.....responsibly....;)

NICE!!!:biggrin:

They're a couple cool cars running around here. Dude with a Audi S5 (V8, 6-speed) lives near me, and its not stock. Has a exhaust on it and it sounds like a Aston Martin. Cool dude though, talked to him for a bit at a gas station once. I also always see STIs/Evos when Im going the other way.

Yesterday I took the GN on a parts run and some guy in a Saleen Speedster wouldnt even pull up next to me... I know he was checking the car out too, maybe it was the Mickeys that scared him away. Intimidation kill??? Then on the way back, a STi full of kids played cat and mouse with me for 10+ miles on Rt. 40. We got a clear section and gave it a solid gear. Sounded good too. Got the thumbs up from all the passengers when I went by under boost.

Ive toned down alot though recently, UPS wouldnt look too kindly on a street racing ticket with me being driver qualified now.

Good kill

Great kills! I absolutely love GN's and what they can do. I can't wait until I have one.

Scott

Nice Tim! Get some M/T Dr's on that thing! :D

As much as I drive it (50+ miles daily during work days)...I'll be staying on street tires. I'd go through a set of good DR's every few months.

I will invest in some DR's or slicks for the track eventually, tho'. I think the bolt pattern for a 87 GN is the same as for a 68 Camaro, so the set could do duty on both cars assuming back spacing/clearance is similar

For now, I don't brake boose at launch at all. I just floor it and go. The tires still break loose and spin for a good distance....but that's fun!
;)

Glad to see the chicken going again. :biggrin:

FWIW when I was using DRs on the White car there was a huge difference when I was running hard on the street. Apparently I was spinning alot more than I thought.

Also what boost you running now?? You've got the same turbo I have on my GN, the 61 should pull like mad after 20psi .....

The GN is ready to hit the street for the first time in a long time. Full E-85 car, MAFTPro, Powerlogger, WB correction, etc and I finally shoe horned that damn 24 row Mease ( damn thing is big ) in there. Haha ... wait till Mr. M-5 sees me again ;)

As much as I drive it (50+ miles daily during work days)...I'll be staying on street tires. I'd go through a set of good DR's every few months.

I will invest in some DR's or slicks for the track eventually, tho'. I think the bolt pattern for a 87 GN is the same as for a 68 Camaro, so the set could do duty on both cars assuming back spacing/clearance is similar

For now, I don't brake boose at launch at all. I just floor it and go. The tires still break loose and spin for a good distance....but that's fun!
;)

I was going through DR's every 3 months when I was in the 11's. :biggrin:

Glad to see the chicken going again. :biggrin:

FWIW when I was using DRs on the White car there was a huge difference when I was running hard on the street. Apparently I was spinning alot more than I thought.

Also what boost you running now?? You've got the same turbo I have on my GN, the 61 should pull like mad after 20psi .....

The GN is ready to hit the street for the first time in a long time. Full E-85 car, MAFTPro, Powerlogger, WB correction, etc and I finally shoe horned that damn 24 row Mease ( damn thing is big ) in there. Haha ... wait till Mr. M-5 sees me again ;)

;)
Currently running 20lbs
That's enough to have fun with and still remain daily driver reliable.:biggrin:

;)
Currently running 20lbs
That's enough to have fun with and still remain daily driver reliable.:biggrin:

Well that explains why you couldn't run off from the Z on the big end. :smile: Until I started running my cars above 22 and even @ 25 on the GN, I finally realized what everyone is talking about when they say these cars " come alive".

If you are only going to run 20 psi with the alky.. at least then bump up your timing a few degrees if Lou hasn't already had you do that. Lou doesn't like to run stockish ( stonger crank, billet caps or girdle )engines above 22 lbs of boost, he says the the crank will start walking at that point :cool:

Sounds like you have a much faster setup on the car now if and when you decide to use it ;)

Well that explains why you couldn't run off from the Z on the big end. :smile: Until I started running my cars above 22 and even @ 25 on the GN, I finally realized what everyone is talking about when they say these cars " come alive".

If you are only going to run 20 psi with the alky.. at least then bump up your timing a few degrees if Lou hasn't already had you do that. Lou doesn't like to run stockish ( stonger crank, billet caps or girdle )engines above 22 lbs of boost, he says the the crank will start walking at that point :cool:

Sounds like you have a much faster setup on the car now if and when you decide to use it ;)

To be fair...me and the Z didn't get a chance to reach the big end.
We let off at about 70-75mph. I've raced Z's before even with my stock turbo and DP and completely crushed them. This one was defintiely well set-up.

Yup....Lou has advised me to keep this engine at 20lbs or less if I want to avoid trouble in the long run as a daily driver street/strip car:biggrin: It's one of his more mild builds. It could probably take more, but he wants me to stay conservative and I plan on following his advice or he'll demote me from 1/2 stupid to stupid. ;)
Once I have a chance to do some tuning, I'm going to first play with the Alky settings until I find the point where KR starts to come in.

From there, I'll play with fuel and then start to play with timing a degree at a time.

Roads have been wet for a couple days and I'm sick with a flu bug, so maybe next weekend...:biggrin:

Tim

Bah turn up the boost and kick out the jams. your turbo dont even start singing untill 24..lol, Ive had mine to 27 on stock bottom but i stopped that with street tires...going sideways at 70 from a peddl stomp is not funny at the time so im back to 22#s

oh and you need an electric cutout ...big fun and funny as well
I like to pull up next to harleys on the freeway and open it up:biggrin:

Bah turn up the boost and kick out the jams. your turbo dont even start singing untill 24..lol, Ive had mine to 27 on stock bottom but i stopped that with street tires...going sideways at 70 from a peddl stomp is not funny at the time so im back to 22#s

oh and you need an electric cutout ...big fun and funny as well
I like to pull up next to harleys on the freeway and open it up:biggrin:

Yo Mikey!
You're a bad influence!:biggrin:
Yup...electric cut out is on the list.
One of my Southwestern area buddies pulled along side me during a cruise a couple months back opened his and blasted my ear drums with it. So I'm gonna buy one and get him back.;)