You can type here any text you want

Kirban accumulator bowl

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbodan

Just got my accumulator bowl from Kirban today. Won't be putting it on until March. Anyone on here get one of the Kirbans bowls? Any problems?

I'm wondering if the thread pitch and diameter is the same as your existing accumulator? I ordered an accumulator from a local brake supplier and the bowl looked like the factory unit, but the thread pitch was different diameter.

Turbodan said:
Just got my accumulator bowl from Kirban today. Won't be putting it on until March. Anyone on here get one of the Kirbans bowls? Any problems?
I had just emailed Kirban a few months ago. Are you saying he now has powermaster accumulators available, and if so how much ? Thanks

On Kirbans website is a picture of a repro accumulator. It looks like a early design accumulator ball (with the hex head near the threads, instead on the end of the ball).

Should be getting mine from Kirban's in the next few days I will let you know.

tim87tr said:
I had just emailed Kirban a few months ago. Are you saying he now has powermaster accumulators available, and if so how much ? Thanks

They are available on Kirban's website www.Kirbanperformance.com they are around $136 but will go up to $146 give or take in Feb. Warrantied for a year. Make sure to sign up for his innercircle mailings.

Not sure on the thread pitch. My car is down for the winter and I am not changing my accumulator until March. Took about 3 weeks to get mine from Kirbans.

We got 3 in today. They screw right in & it has the correct thread pitch.

what NOW?

got my new kirbans bowl in yesterday! threads are fine pitch is fine its a tiny bit bigger than factory...and I'm already missing how old ones had the hexhead on the outside! New bowl goes on, light STAYS on and powermater motor Still continuously runs...why me? OLD bowl goes back on...brake light goes out but comes back on when braking.
could this mean the brake pressure switch is the culprit and NOT the new bowl???

If motor runs,Id say its not the switch,Motor not making pressure against new accum. Just because these accums are new doesnt mean they are good.These things go bad on the shelves over time.

Some dealers have the gauges to test the PowerMaster. It should start the pump at 490-530 psi, and stop the pump at 635-735 psi. Light should come on at 355-435. But it seems to me that even if the bowl has lost pressure, the pump will get it up past 435 EVENTUALLY. Might not have enough pressure to be safe, or to keep the pump from constantly cycling, but just seems like it should get up to pressure. Is fluid being moved from the reservoir into the bowl as the pump runs?

Ormand said:
Some dealers have the gauges to test the PowerMaster. It should start the pump at 490-530 psi, and stop the pump at 635-735 psi. Light should come on at 355-435. But it seems to me that even if the bowl has lost pressure, the pump will get it up past 435 EVENTUALLY. Might not have enough pressure to be safe, or to keep the pump from constantly cycling, but just seems like it should get up to pressure. Is fluid being moved from the reservoir into the bowl as the pump runs?
Roger that! fluid does run from reservoir to bowl...took the car out to the ATM to pull out some cash and just before coming to a stop sign, the light went out and stayed out after coming to a stop! I was so happy, felt like new again til the stop sign after that...light came back on mockingly. already called Kirbans ad they directed me as to how to resnd it in and I'll be getting a new one. At first I'm thinking maybe it just needs to be broken in? But why take that chance? a Vacuum system is looking reeeeal good right now!

Pm problem!!

You might want to check to see if the check valve is leaking. That is usually the reason why the preasure is low/ the motor keeps running. Just my 2 cents.

MORE trouble shooting...weeeeee!

miked said:
You might want to check to see if the check valve is leaking. That is usually the reason why the preasure is low/ the motor keeps running. Just my 2 cents.

Where is said check valve and are any specialty tools needed? bowl gets sent back in the morning! :).

Back