You can type here any text you want

Kirban Alternator stopping charging at 2k

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
As title says once it hits 2k, alt stops charging, only when vehicle is moving. Has Caspers field fix so it can't be the dash. I am thinking the voltage regulator, it does the flickering volts light KOEO as well.

I would take it off,have it tested and if no good and not that old contact Dennis or Pete, i'm sure they will help you anyway they can,they help everyone.Best Regards,Gene.

DO THIS:

DSC_0552.JPG

Bruce '87 Grand National

Dennis I got with Pete. I see new parts bad all the time. No worries. Thanks for the reply.

I just ran into something just like your problem, it took me a while to notice it but the post on the back of the alternator where the positive lead from the battery terminal connected to was loose causing bad connection. Volt light on the dash was flashing and it would stay solid, and it would sometimes just not light up. Check that post. Could just be that its on its way out and may be time for a new one

I just got back a 200 amp from a customer last week...it was fried the internals were melted due to be overcharged in other words issue was not the altnerator but something else we replaced it at no charge.

We sell quite a few of the 120 and 200 alternators thing is our units would pass for brand new OEM correct meaning attaching hardware pulley etc is exactly like it was back in 1986-1987. Each one is tested each one has all new parts including external housings.

As I mentioned earlier yes new parts can fail....it happens...

Point is, I don;t believe anyone else is offering units that match OEM originals....typical auto stores are in the replacement
business not the restoration business. So yes theirs may be cheaper which would save you money however the critical thing is the pulley where the belt rides needs to be exact to what the original is otherwise belt may not do its job.

My gu is a one man operation and has been in the business for 30 plus years.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back