Kirban's RJC Airflow Distribution Power Plate? Worth the $$$

Turbosix

Do any of you use kirban's the RJC power plate? Suppossedly the GNs rear two cylinders run lean, does this actually help with this condition, or improve driveability or power? Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

I don't have any results from mine yet, the V6 the plate is going on isn't in my Camaro yet.

There are plenty of people that love the results though, just do a search for "RJC"

I just put mine on and i am impressed. 18 # boost 4.5 kr before and 18# boost and 0 kr after.:D

JUST HAD KIRBANS PLATE INSTALLED ON MY GN-47,250 MILES.
NOTICED SMOOTHER ACCELERATION,SMOOTHER IDLE AND SOUNDS CLEANER. ALSO A TAD MORE POWER. I LIKE IT.:)

Not Kirban's plate!!!

:eek: Caution, this is not Kirban's plate, he has no part of the design input and is only selling them for Jason Cramer of Loveridge Machine. Heck Dennis couldn't even give me the time of day at Bowling Green about the plate. Seems all he cares about these days is selling Red Green vidoes. If you want info on the plate contact jason@loveridgemachine.com
He will answer all your questions. I run hius Precision plennum plate and it works awsome. Went from 0.9 degrees to zero.:p

How easy or difficult is it to install myself??? Taking of the intake seems a little complex. Then again I'm no Joe wrench-head either;) .

WOW! If you cannot install the PowerPlate by yourself, you have no business driving a TR or TTA.

BTW: It's a 10 min install.

e g r drill hole ????

drill hole on plate or not !!!!! that is the question!! im running a thrasher chip, i think it desables the e g r from working any comments:rolleyes:

You don't actually pull off the intake, just raise up the plenum a bit. You remove the bolts holding the plenum to the intake and raise it up a bit, make sure you get all of your old gasket taken out (if it doesn't come out in one piece you might have to take the plenum all the way off) and then just slide the plate between the plenum and intake with the gaskets on each side. It'll only fit one way. HTH

Note from Kirban!

Dennis Kirban, listen to me clearly before you send out another information note to me personally. I am not saying that you are not an asset to the Turbo Buick hobby. You have brought many a great part to life and I have many of them on my GN. My opinion is mine and this is a free message board to voice it, got it! My opinion of you is still good but I was very upset with you at Bowling Green this year when I introduced myself and you couldn't even give me the time of day. You were too busy yapping to some guy about some of the crap you had for sale there. I have promoted your name up here in Canada as one of the better vendors and I have bought over $3000 of goodies from you over the past three years. One would think that you could at least shake my hand and answer a couple of questions.

Then why didn't you have the courtesy to answer him privately with the above instead of blaring it here?

Hey spoolin around,
I'm with you. I attempted to speak with Dennis at Bowling Green this year and got the same response as you. Dennis happen to walk up to the vendor that I was purchasing new interior from. I asked Dennis a question about a product that he carried and one that I am in the early stages of developing. I offered to send him one for no cost to get his opinion. His attitude was that I could just (piss off). My wife was with me and she could not beleive how rude this man was. After he left, another vendor that heard what was said, told me to give him a call and that he would be very interested in looking at the product and marketing it for me. This was my wifes first National and she had just mentioned how great the people were and they were more friendly than what we are use to at our local events. And then she got to see the way Dennis acted.
I also agree with you about Dennis being a asset to the Buick community. However, you can be a asset without being a ass. As far as responding in private email.. well if dennis would not give you or me the time of day at the Nationals what makes anyone think that he would give a crap about what we said to him in private.
I have purchased from Dennis in the past, but not again....

Just my 2 cents worth......

I second Steve's comments.

If you have problems with a vendor take it up with them privately, this is bullsh#t.

-Banning.

XFactor...

I would recommend pulling the plenum all of the way off to do it right. My reason is this - it's a PITA to slide the plate in there with the gasket on top AND on the bottom (need to use two gaskets with it).

All the time I spent holding up the plenum and trying to slide the plate in, I could have had the whole thing off. Also, while you have it off, you can clean it up and such, as the back side usually gets kinda dirty.

The only screwup I had was that I stripped that one mother of a bolt on the passenger side, but most cars are running around with the same stripped bolt (I think they stripped em at the factory).

Just be careful that you don't kink the vac lines when removing that pass side bolt, take your time, and you're home free.

Rich

The only bull@#$% is the way a vendor treats his customers. You don't see people like Jack Cotton and L. Conley,Red Armstrong and the list goes on and on treat people that way. I watch Jack Cotton work a guys GN at the Nationals as much as he worked on his own and to lend advise where ever he could. The same goes for Armstrong and Conley. There is usually one in every crowd that thinks that he is doing us a favor by selling us parts. He may be right,but if it were not for us(the customer) he would not have a business to begin with. If these comments cause any flames with people.. Well I hate it. The truth is a bitch