You can type here any text you want

Klunking noise is driving me insane...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Did not check those

Will check those tomorrow when installing new S -10 upgrades for the rear cylinders. This sounds too heavy for it to be that but I will check.

They actually came with the car. The original owner bought them and never installed them. I have them in a box in my garage. Would that make a difference? IS it hard to install?

kirban 2 cents worth

If you have tried all the various ideas mentioned above and you still have the noise this may be it......Its rare but possible....

What you are describing fits this problem.....

Over a period of time member our cars are 23 plus years old the butle tape or whatever its called that holds the back glass in place can get hard and the back window can actually move up and down when you hit a bump....its nothing you can detect unless you pull the trim off and have a glass guy reseal the back glass.

The noise will sound like its coming from the rear area. As fo rinstalling the GNX bushing this is an upper bushing so, you need to remove completely #6 and #7 and #4 and loosen #3 probably....I do not recommend you doing this by yourself because if something where to slip you could lose a finger or two...

You also have to remove your back bumper otherwise raising car up will pinch the rear fillers to the bumper. The fuel tank lines will stretch enough to make it work.

I am going by memory but if you look at the height of the bushing that is how much space you have to put between the upper frame and the body to lock them in place.

If the rear glass is not the issue carefully put your hand down in both sides of your rear quarter panel in the trunk...may be something metal sitting in there that is making a noise.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Last resort turn up the radio when driving your car....

Back