knock at 13psi

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I have a knock problem at 13psi on my TTA and it has THDP, ATR chip, walb.340, stock inj. TA49, stock block ,lt1 springs.

Im guessing it is false KR , but have you TTA owners ever had false knock w/THDP hitting the frame? My motor mounts are in good shape and i dont know about the chip. I dont have a motor strap it right now . My knock reads from 1st 0.0 - shift into 2nd 3.5, then bottom of 2nd climbing from 7.0- 10.0 degrees.I am also running rich at .850 mv . could this be rich KR? Just wanting to get some info before i get into it again.

I had a similair problem earlier this year. I diagnosed it by putting Xylene in tank to raise the octane. Add some xylene or race gas and see if the knock goes away. Make sure you don't use more then a 30% mixture of xylene/gas though. Also, you might want to buy another chip, the ATR chip is pretty old and may have too much timing. When I was using the stock injectors Thrasher chips worked great. If rasing the octane doesn't help the knock, then you might want to look at adjusting the THDP.
Good luck.
~Murt
TTA #750

I had a similar problem with my buick octane did not matter turned out it was the valve springs remember its not milage its the years