You can type here any text you want

knock at WOT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboGN86

ok guys just got the car out the shop for a blown head gasket. car runs great again... but i took it out and did a WOT pull on the street and saw 6.0 of knock. what do i need to check to get this issues fixed. im not replacing another headgasket.

car is an 87 WE4 Te-44, 60# injectors with matched TT chip, 3"THDP, 3" single shot, and stretched stock location intercooler. the car is up there in milage. all i have to tune with is a scan master. just not sure what im lookin at most of the time lol.

How much boost? Where is your fuel pressure at? You changed the head gasket but you didnt fix the problem that caused it to blow in the first place.

diagnosing knock can be a pita.
i suggest you dial the boost down to 5-10 with some 93 octane if that's all you can get at the pump.
there is a huge list of things to check when chasing down this problem.
does it go away after keeping the pedal to the floor?...ruling out false knock can be nerve racking.

im kina scared to try keeping my foot in the gas since it says 6.0 i will take the boost down tomorrow and see what happens any other ideas

What kind of gas you running? In CA we have 91 but I know other states have 93 which helps.

Worn out spark plugs and wires, weak fuel pump could be places to start.

to answer the first question i miessed last night, the problem of knocking was fixed. the A/C braket was rattling and caused the car to detonate on start up and blew the head gasket.

Im running 93 octane and i do not have a FP guage in the car, its on the fuel rail.

to answer the first question i miessed last night, the problem of knocking was fixed. the A/C braket was rattling and caused the car to detonate on start up and blew the head gasket.

Im running 93 octane and i do not have a FP guage in the car, its on the fuel rail.

??????????:confused:

Thats not your problem. False knock will not blow a gasket...all it will do is pull timing.

Your leaning out on top. Fuel pump or some of the other isues that the guys mentioned.

im gonna turn down the boost when i get this transmission changed. i noticed it was peaking at alsmost 20#'s and on 93 octane thats probly my problem.

Back