You can type here any text you want

knock senor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

9secWH1

i noticed my 153 has no provision for a knock sensor, is that common? was gonna drill and tap for it but looks thinner, a 109 has a raised boss for it. will it make a difference if its thinner, or is there another spot to put it?

thanks steve

I have the same block and was told to extend the knock sensor wire to the drivers side of the block in the rear. There is a threaded area for a clutch pivot there, just needs drilled and tapped larger I think.

What version of the 153 do you have? Mine has the hole for it. It is an early version with 4 bolt centers and 2 bolt outers.

Attachments

• parts for sale jan11 012.jpg
    parts for sale jan11 012.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 134
I have a "later"? 153, 4 bolt splayed centers, 4 bolt crossbolted front and rear.

Two pics, one of the rear, where the sensor would go, another of where you supposedly can mount it:

Attachments

• DSC09251.JPG
    DSC09251.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC09253.JPG
    DSC09253.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 148
mine must be a later casting. looks just like Squids and has cross bolted frt and rear mains. i guess ill give it a try there. thanks for the responses guys.

Steve

I drilled and tapped the clutch pivot point. Don't remember the thread size, but the difference was very small Barley had to drill out the existing coarse threads. It works fine.

Back