You can type here any text you want

Knock with PowerLogger?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighMileage

Albany,NY
Hopefully this is not too stupid of a question,but I thought I'd ask.

Can hooking up a laptop to the PowerLogger cause knock? I have never heard any knock at all. Even during a 0-85 gas-mashing blast a few days ago.

Today,I got a new battery for my ancient laptop,so I can take it with me. I tried a 0-60 run while recording....and knock mega! I lifted...looked down at the screen and saw the Knock Counts were at 56.

I can't see how hooking the laptop up could cause knock. Any ideas?

Thanks!

A few variables of what I wrote above are:

1) Just put $15 of premium from a gas station I rarely use.
2) My O2 only counted 5 times during the run.

Once I get the software to zip files and send a PL log,I will.

TurboBob may have to confirm this, but I've never heard of the PL causing knock. However, I have received bad batches of "premium" fuel. Pump the fuel out and use it in your DD or lawn equipment. Then refuel at a more reputable station and retest.

the PL just monitors the operation of the ECM, it can't affect it.

You can get knock counts and never hear them.

Bob

How much boost?

What fuel pump?

The inaccurate factory gauge wasn't in the red. I don't have a real boost gauge yet. All of the turbo components are still stock.

According to the PL,the Wastegate was 90.6%. TPS 4.01, MAF 234g/s, rpm 5000. BLM's are at 128 in cell 12 (highlighted). I thought 16 was wot.

Stock pump. But pressure rose 12lbs from 38. It is set at 43psi line off.

I even gave it another 3lbs and tried it again. Same thing.

Just seems funny it didn't knock (sounds more like pinging) at all a few days ago during the 0-85mph blast. I even have that one on vid.

My ears are trained well for hearing an engine pinging. My '87 Century has done it for years under light load. But I've never heard this GN do it til today.

TurboBob may have to confirm this, but I've never heard of the PL causing knock. However, I have received bad batches of "premium" fuel. Pump the fuel out and use it in your DD or lawn equipment. Then refuel at a more reputable station and retest.

Two things for me to do tomorrow:

1) Pump that convenience store gas out,and put the usual Hess in.

2) Shop for a win zip disc so I can send compress and send PL logs. Someone did send me a link to win-zip,but it only allowed me to unzip.

Thanks for the input.

what version of Windows? Form XP on, you can "send to" a compressed folder. This compressed folder is a zip file that you can attach.

Bob

Bob is correct. Just right click the file you want to compress. Then select "Send to" and choose compressed folder.

Back