knocking noise from passenger side?????

1985GN

Breaking parts
hey guys i hvae a curious question as to what to look for here? i have what sounds liek a rod knock but im not sure if it is yet. the sound is coming from the pasenger side down low in the motor. with a pipe it sounds like it is coming from teh oil pump area if the car. i hvae checked the convertor bolts so itsn ot htem. i still hvae to take the wires off of each cylinder to see if the noise goes away. i still have to check hte cam sensor it is a little oucd. the noise is there when i start it up and even when fully warmed. when i am revving the engine in park and let off you can hear it ocming down with the revs it goes up with htem as well. it does sound like a loud valve tap. oil pressure on the engine is 17psi at idle and 53 cruising. no exhaust leak on the passenger side either. any ideas on waht it is?? give me some stuff to look for on that side. its def. caoming form the passenger side. if i put the open pipe up to the drivers side valve cover its pretty quiet. when i put the pipe up to the passengers side you can hear the noise coming all the way up to the valve cover but not as loud as when the pipe is near the bottom by oil filter. thanks for any direction on this one. bye the way hte engien perfomance is fine as well. thanks

I had a ticking noise in my motor that sounded like what you are describing. Pulled the oil pan off and spot welds holding the baffle on had broke. If you decide to look for this it's easy to get the pan off. It took me about 45 min. to remove the crossover pipe and the pan. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!