KYB Shocks ?

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
For those of you who like to use the KYB shocks which ones are you going with ?
They have the black body Excel-G which are a little cheaper cost or the silver body Gas-a-Just few dollars more.

Thanks

If I would do it over the kyb gas-a-just in the rear feels fine but the front still doesn’t feel as well as I think it should feel. I would probably try a different shock in the front or maybe an adjustable shock to really dial the ride. But if you are going cost efficient than the kyb shocks are just fine.

If I would do it over the kyb gas-a-just in the rear feels fine but the front still doesn’t feel as well as I think it should feel. I would probably try a different shock in the front or maybe an adjustable shock to really dial the ride. But if you are going cost efficient than the kyb shocks are just fine.

Not necessarily trying to go the cost efficient route but it seems like the more expensive shocks are too stiff for my lickings and road conditions here in Metro Detroit. I have no experience with adjustable shocks or coil overs and cant find a clear answer on their ride quality compared to a shock more on the stock side as far as comfort goes.

The G definitely softer than the adjustable
I like the adjustable on my GN but my Ford Ranger 4X4 I took them off after two weeks,and went to the G much less harsh

The G definitely softer than the adjustable
I like the adjustable on my GN but my Ford Ranger 4X4 I took them off after two weeks,and went to the G much less harsh

What would you compare the adjustable to, like a bilstein ?

Never had a bilstein on a car,had a set on my Jeep with heavy 33.Nothing could control them as good as the Bilstein.
It’s a supper shock (Bilstein) Both KYB adjustable and Bilstein clam stock replasment on there website.I believe this can be like best spark plug thread ,I don’t think you will be upset with any of the three but the G will be the softest,but it is not KYB recamined shock for GN.Gess I should have gone to there website first,before I spoke out I was comparing a GN to my 4X4 ranger.

So I looked into some of the adjustable shocks and was wondering what would be the benefit of those over coil overs given they are in the same price range ? Just asking.

Just asking.
i have run all of them on different cars and combos.kyb will save you alot of money and will ride firm but not harsh.the bilsteins are real stiff on a gn with bracing.both shocks went pulled over 1 g on the lateral,the kyb hooked better in a straight line.as far as adjustables its really for suspension tuning and on some cars you wont see a performance gain.

i have run all of them on different cars and combos.kyb will save you alot of money and will ride firm but not harsh.the bilsteins are real stiff on a gn with bracing.both shocks went pulled over 1 g on the lateral,the kyb hooked better in a straight line.as far as adjustables its really for suspension tuning and on some cars you wont see a performance gain.

Ok you sucked me in.
What shocks would you suggest that are slightly stiffer than bilstein?
Maybe the UMI 1" lowering springs (600 lb/ in. over ATR performance springs) will help, but just in case.

I’m starting to consider adjustable now, knowing me my goals with this car will change over short periods of time.

Don’t discount VariShocks either. They are a newer (that doesn’t necessarliy mean better) design. From what I am told the non adjustables are very similar to a BWM M3. They bring the car to modern day shock handling. I had Bilsteins in the rear. I liked them. Now I have the VariShocks. Both VariShock themselves and Marcus fron SC&C could tell you about them. If you call Marcus don’t be in a rush or late for work!

if you want a stiffer ride the springs will take it further.i was referring to the kyb not being as stiff

Thank you, Would you have info on adjustable shocks as well. If there was one shock that would adjust softer that would compare to KYB and adjust stiffer like Bilstein or more that would cover a range that might be of interest to the OP and yes, myself as well.