You can type here any text you want

Larger A/R's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocamino1

turboholic
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
At what point do larger a/r's become useful. I have the.63 exh. on my 6265 j/brng. ...trying to get boost a tad higher ...manual boost adjuster is about closed ...seems to be struggling to get much past 31 ... car is flying...gps shows 129 in a 1280ft blast

You may be out of turbo. Depending on which map sensor you have 31 may be the highest it reads. When you're are that point it becomes critical to reduce pressure drop through the intercooler and be sure you are using a compressor cover with a large enough diffuser to not cause energy to be wasted in attempt to move more air. With a 62 compressor my car swallows it. Hits 31 maybe for a couple frames then drops as rpm increases. Exhaust pressure in the low 40's and about 72lbs/min of airflow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wastegate bypass size may need to be reduced also. The numbers above with a .900" hole

i did resize and radius the gate hole a bunch...boost very steady and all in almost instantly. Maybe time to turn the 6265 into a 6766? or? . Also, ported , alum heads are in the near future...that said how big ? j/brng only.

....and what A/R?
A/R didn't seem to matter on all that I tried. I've tried them all. 72lbs/min on an 8.3:1 engine. Car went 9.96@135

Maybe time to turn the 6265 into a 6766? or? . Also, ported , alum heads are in the near future...that said how big ? will want to keep the ATR 3 downpipe and internal gate

If you have a reliable way to control the fueling then your power gains will come from more turbo

Thanks Brian for the knowledge...will pull turbo before long and get it to you.

Does reliable include my TT Alky chip : o
Not usually. If you keep an eye and ambient conditions you can keep it alive but not what I'd rec for longevity

Back