You can type here any text you want

Larger Brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JRC86GN

Hi

What is the best brake upgrade that can be made using the factory powermaster brake boster?

Thanks
Jack

pretty much anything is an upgrade over the stock brakes, but i don't think too many people are going to tell you to keep the PM unit..

JRC, I did the LS1 conversion on the front of my car with TKGN1 doing all the work! I couldn't BELIEVE how the car stopped. I just got finished doing the LS1 rear brake conversion on my own last weekend and was super easy and really nice. I have yet to bleed the brakes and take the car for a test drive though. This is all with the factory PM. If your PM operates good....use it! No reason to go vacuum IMHO.
Do a search for LS1 brake conversion, TKGN1 has an entire write about the front and rear! The guys awesome and a whiz!!

I've got 95 Impala SS front rotors and calipers. This car will throw you through the windshield.:eek: :cool: The car also has Global West upper control arms.

What are you using for wheels?

Thanks
Jack

Im using 95 Impala ss wheels too(17"). I think they have a 3/4" spacer in the rear. The guy before me did the mod so I dont know all the details but this thing STOPS and Handles. I have 275/55/17 Falkens on the rear. Definatly a great mod for brakes.

you must have the Impala spindles, too.

I believe I do, but I dont know for sure. Like I said the guy before put it on so I dont know the details, but when I take the wheel off next time I will check for part numbers on them. This car does handle like its on rails, scares alot of people that have driven in it :cool: .

Im using 95 Impala ss wheels too(17"). I think they have a 3/4" spacer in the rear. The guy before me did the mod so I dont know all the details but this thing STOPS and Handles. I have 275/55/17 Falkens on the rear. Definatly a great mod for brakes.

Do you have a picture of what it looks like with those wheels?

Thanks
Jack

Do you have a picture of what it looks like with those wheels?

Thanks
Jack

The car is not pretty, Please dont laugh me off this board :rolleyes: :eek: :( . Also it has a 1" spacer in the rear. The center caps are faded, the rims are dirty and the rear tires are 275/40/17 (hows that for excuses :D ) and the front looks higher because half the engine is missing right now

Attachments

• Regal 107.jpg
    Regal 107.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Regal 108.jpg
    Regal 108.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Regal 109.jpg
    Regal 109.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Regal 110.jpg
    Regal 110.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Regal 111.jpg
    Regal 111.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 158
I have Baer 12" brakes up front , I purchased from Jack Cotton. Jack was great to deal with & he included everythin I needed. I found the 84 85 GN 15" wheels fit without need of spacers. I blasted the paint off the wheels & they look like my oriiginal 87 TR wheels. I didn't even need to do a complete brake bleed. They worked great with vacuum, pm,& best with hydroboost.:cool:

Back