You can type here any text you want

largest/widest rims that will fit on my car? help!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thislousytshirt

Ok hi. I am new here obviously but I am in desperate need of help in finding the proper size wheel for the rear of my car. The car is bagged, it has long wheel studs and the fenders are not rolled. Its set up for racing.. I have stock 15 in rims with 255/55(or60s) on it right now which are an easy 2 inches away from tucking under the wheel well. I would like to run a 17 or possibly an 18 in rim (provided it would look ok)on the back with somewhere between 275-305s. Would a 9.5 or 10inchI rim fit? Is this possible without rolling the fender? Also with the long wheel studs what kind of back spacing and offset should I use?

Yes plenty of questions that have probably been asked over and over I have looked on here for roughly an hour and found all kinds of mixed opinions. I however didn't know if the long wheel studs made a difference.

Yes before you say it im kind of an idiot when it comes to this kind or stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Chris
Dayton, oh

By bagged, do you mean air bag suspension? That's gonna make a difference on what wheel you can use. Generally a 4" backspacing is what you need and you can go as much as a 4.5" As far as oversized tires and rims usually no more than a 9" or 9.5" for a max size, but some have tucked a 10" in with fender rolling.

Thank you! By bagged I meant it has those big red bags crammed in between the springs on the rear. Not air bag suspension like you'd see on a low rider.

So what's the biggest tire that I can fit on a 17in 9.5 rim? What about an 18in 9.5 rim?

Thank you so much
chris

Take a look at the sticky about showing off your wheels and it'll give you a better idea of what you can do. It's at the top of this section.

Yeah I spent a good part of two hours last night browsing that thread. And I suspected the proper size. I just was unsure if the long wheel studs and bags would make a difference.

I see alot of people running 275-285 I was just hoping to go a little wider.

Thank you again
chris

Here is my setup. 17x9.5 inch 5 inch backspacing. 295 45 17 m/t DR. I've got airbags and no rubbing.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...429-17-billet-specialties-installed-pics.html

i just installed 18 x 9 with 6. BS on the front with 275 30 18 anf the tire is tucked inside the fender the rear has 18 x 9.5 with a 5" bs now i also narrowed the rear 1.5" so i could change to Big Ford ends and run 14" Baer Brakes so that part might not be much help but then i added a 3/8 spacer on both sides so the rear is really only 3/4 narrower so a 4.75 bs rim woudl work and i have 295.30 18 and only had to trim the wheel lips a bit.

i have the same set up as you like that has and 4.5" bs on 9.5" rim fits perfect.

Back