last call

Here's some of the pics so far. I'm gonna start a thread in the resto section after I get a little more checked out. Total of 9 pics so you guys and gals can see what's going on.

Congrats on your new project! If I had the room, she'd be in *my* driveway! :p If you start a "resto" thread, please post a link in this thread. I'd really like to follow the build-up.

I've always liked the '82 GN's. When we first started dating, my wife (girlfriend then) drove an '82 Limited with the EXACT same color scheme as an '82 GN (although it had a Landau top). Not long ago, someone on this board posted pics of an '82 Limited for sale down in Galveston that I'm pretty sure was my wife's old car (we lived in Houston when she had that car). I was tempted to buy it back, but again, don't have driveway space for a project car right now. :frown:

Congrats on your new project! If I had the room, she'd be in *my* driveway! :p I was tempted to buy it back, but again, don't have driveway space for a project car right now. :frown:

Sounds like you need a bigger driveway!!!:biggrin:

Congrats Charlie....I'm looking forward to following her revival!!:biggrin:
---Keith

Very rare car t tops and all, real nice.Yeah keep us up to date on this project

It begins

cool deal Charlie thats a solid start.

:biggrin: A.j.

You're just jealous it's not at your house.:biggrin: LOL

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....:biggrin:

1982, we love you...LoL!

Saved!

1 more to add to the list.

Looks like a project! What shape is the motor in?

The motor is a crate engine from a rebuilder in Dallas so I'll be tearing it apart to make sure it's right. As well as the mods I've got in mind.:eek: :biggrin:

Looks real straight.Good project

Much better than the 83 I have now. NO RUST!

Congrats on your new project! If I had the room, she'd be in *my* driveway! :p If you start a "resto" thread, please post a link in this thread. I'd really like to follow the build-up.

I will be starting a thread for sure after I get through inspecting the t top damage. It's a Texas car so I'm hopeing there is none but it IS a t top. I've got 7.5 acres so my "driveway" isn't limited.

I've always liked the '82 GN's. When we first started dating, my wife (girlfriend then) drove an '82 Limited with the EXACT same color scheme as an '82 GN (although it had a Landau top). Not long ago, someone on this board posted pics of an '82 Limited for sale down in Galveston that I'm pretty sure was my wife's old car (we lived in Houston when she had that car). I was tempted to buy it back, but again, don't have driveway space for a project car right now. :frown:

I graduated in 82 so I consider it a belated grad present. LOL

Sounds like you need a bigger driveway!!!:biggrin:

Congrats Charlie....I'm looking forward to following her revival!!:biggrin:
---Keith

I've been following your "revival" so NOW IT' YOUR TURN! LOL

Very rare car t tops and all, real nice.Yeah keep us up to date on this project

I really didn't want a t top car but...the 83 frame will be boxed and put under the 82 as well as the 2004r and posi rear. This is an interesting car when I get done for sure.

A little more info

I've had a better chance to check out the car now so I can give a better assesment of the car. I didn't remove the t top section compleatly yet but that is coming. I did get into the car a little better though. Very few issues as far as rust thank God. I felt into some of the common rust areas that you can't look at easily and found some but not a lot. The worst of it is concentrated in the pass front floor. A few holes but none of them are bigger than an eraser on a pencil so that's great. The regulator on the drivers side has been disassebled but the 83 has electric windows and everything works so I have the parts I need for sure.
I have 4 slots and enough tires laying around so they can be put on until I get what I want on her. Aj, if you're interested in the slots PM me. I won't be using them for her because I'm going to have to run at least a 16" rim for what I have in mind.
The interior parts are in the trunk and most of them are REAL rough so I'll probibly be painting the parts off the 83 and using them. The seats will need to be recovered for sure and we have a shop locally that does a nice job for very little money. I'll be taking them down there later to see what it will cost.
Now on to the engine. It is a rebuilt RWD engine and it looks like it was assembled right. Seals on the intake valves only which means they may have actually known what they were doing. A friend of mine will be over later today to help me get it up on a stand so I can tear into it. If it has the correct crank in it I have 3 right now so 1 will be up for sale to help with the costs of the engine. I doubt they have the right pistons in it but you never know. If not I'll be looking for some forged to go back in. If the rods aren't 2 dot I have a set and ARP bolts that need polishing so they may go into her. The cam is a 204/214 grind so the heads will have to taken apart and the guides cut down for sure, then use the TTA exhaust vlaves so I can run seals on the exhaust. Block oiling mods will be done for more reliability as well as Earls timing cover mods for better preasure. Then the block is off to Arlington Machine to check crank alignment and deck to see if it's square.
That's about all I have so far so it does give you a little better idea. thanks for the support guys and with everything I've got so far it shouldn't be to hard to restomod her for sure.:biggrin:

very very nice charlie,

I'll send you an email about the slots, I need to update ya on my results lately.

:tongue: A.j.

Kewl!

very very nice charlie,

I'll send you an email about the slots, I need to update ya on my results lately.

:tongue: A.j.

I'll be waiting for the mail Aj. You still owe me some pics so I can see how you're doing with what I sent you. I really wish I could have seen you jumping up and down.:eek: Sign on the the new thread so you can keep up with the car.:biggrin: I did a little more as far as checking it out and it's still not near as bad as my 83. In the next few weeks I'll be pulling the frame of the 83 to clean and box it as well as a few other mods that I'm sure you have an idea of.:eek: It's in my sig now so anyone can see it. There are a few things I won't show as far as suspension after all.:biggrin: