You can type here any text you want

Launch control

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8scbuick

I want to make a launch contol to control boost on the line with the t-brake.I`m going to use the MSD for the 2step but need to control boost.Can I mount a racegate on the uppipe to the throttlebody and use a solinoid and a regulator to set it.
Has anyone ever tryied it.
Tony

I did it- it worked well for me. I mounted the race gate on the pass side of my stk loc. stretch intercooler. Had control valve mounted right off the race gate then ran wiring to micro switch at my shifter. I will use that same set up on my new motor. Bleed off the boost well and when I hit the shifter- GOOD BYEEEE! . Larry:D

Originally posted by 8scbuick
I want to make a launch contol to control boost on the line with the t-brake.I`m going to use the MSD for the 2step but need to control boost.Can I mount a racegate on the uppipe to the throttlebody and use a solinoid and a regulator to set it.
Has anyone ever tryied it.
Tony
Call Conley's, they sell a kit. Comes with an additional boost controller and an electric control valve, fittings and lines. No reason to mount a separate gate, just need 2 controllers (one set for launch boost and the other for max boost) and a way to control which one sends pressure to the wastegate. I use one, works great, no worry about building boost. Pull into the staging lights, hit trans brake and put foot to the floor.

Personally I don't think you need a rev limiter. I think this would bounce the boost all over the place as the turbo would keep gaining and losing exhaust pressure. Just use the boost launch kit. You can also buy the innovative controller which has it built in as well. I think many people are using this with very good and consistent results.

Re: Re: Launch control

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Call Conley's, they sell a kit. Comes with an additional boost controller and an electric control valve, fittings and lines. No reason to mount a separate gate, just need 2 controllers (one set for launch boost and the other for max boost) and a way to control which one sends pressure to the wastegate. I use one, works great, no worry about building boost. Pull into the staging lights, hit trans brake and put foot to the floor.

Personally I don't think you need a rev limiter. I think this would bounce the boost all over the place as the turbo would keep gaining and losing exhaust pressure. Just use the boost launch kit. You can also buy the innovative controller which has it built in as well. I think many people are using this with very good and consistent results.
Oh, BTW. For non trans brake applications, you can wire the control valve enable wire to the brake light so when you lift off the brake on launch the control valve switched regulators and you use the "max boost" regulator to control the wastegate.

Back