LC2 powered '39 Buick

I've been trying to talk my dad into doing that with his '33. I wonder how the space in the engine bay compares on the '33 vs. '39? I was told we'd have to have the DP stick out the side on the '33 but that '39 looks nearly the same underhood.

Jim

Not sure Jim. If I were you, I would get on the board over there and shoot that guy an email, or pm. He could probably help you guys a lot with that project. I'd love to see your '33 get the same transplant!
:)

Very nice. Thanks for posting. Definately original.

My father has a '38 Chevy. Would love to have seen how that LC2 went in there. After having taken apart his car a few times, I'm sure it's an interesting adventure.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Not sure Jim. If I were you, I would get on the board over there and shoot that guy an email, or pm. He could probably help you guys a lot with that project. I'd love to see your '33 get the same transplant!
:)

I'll have to do that. The '33 is with my "uncle" right now. He's in the salvage biz and owed my dad a favor. He brought the car to his shop and is basically waiting for direction from my dad.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
I'll have to do that. The '33 is with my "uncle" right now. He's in the salvage biz and owed my dad a favor. He brought the car to his shop and is basically waiting for direction from my dad.

Jim

Show your dad these pics. :)

Originally posted by turbojimmy
I've been trying to talk my dad into doing that with his '33. I wonder how the space in the engine bay compares on the '33 vs. '39? I was told we'd have to have the DP stick out the side on the '33 but that '39 looks nearly the same underhood.

Jim

If your dad decides to LC2 his 33 Buick, my dad may be interested in some parts from the 33. He is currently restoring a 1933 Buick 57 Series and I know he's always looking for parts.

Actually, if your dad has questions or needs resources have him email me at turboburge@aol.com and I can put him in touch with my dad who is quite the Buick guru.

Originally posted by TurboBurge
If your dad decides to LC2 his 33 Buick, my dad may be interested in some parts from the 33. He is currently restoring a 1933 Buick 57 Series and I know he's always looking for parts.

Actually, if your dad has questions or needs resources have him email me at turboburge@aol.com and I can put him in touch with my dad who is quite the Buick guru.

Cool - thanks. I'm not sure what he's going to do with it. He's hung up on something he saw in a magazine with another '33. It had a Corvair front end and a Chebby 350 in it. He is, afterall, a Vette guy so I can't blame him.

Ours is a 60-series I think. It's been a while. If memory serves it's the more rare though less desirable Victoria 2-door coupe. Not a great candidate for a "hot rod" but would be cool to tool around town in.

Jim