Leak at flanged bolts on oil pump cover

1KWIKSIX

Looks like a very slight weeping of oil around the flanged bolt heads on the oil pump housing cover.
I did not use any thread sealant on these bolts when I assembled the cover .
Should I have ?
Was wondering if I could remove the offending bolts & install a Stat-O-Seal under the bolt head & snug up to remedy the situation.
IMG_5311.jpeg

I switched from hex head bolts to stainless socket head cap screws. Put some oil resistant silicone under the head of bolt and tighten. Its alot easier getting in there to snug them up with an allen wrench.

Looks like a very slight weeping of oil around the flanged bolt heads on the oil pump housing cover.
I did not use any thread sealant on these bolts when I assembled the cover .
Should I have ?
Was wondering if I could remove the offending bolts & install a Stat-O-Seal under the bolt head & snug up to remedy the situation.View attachment 399916

IMG_5305.jpeg

The factory bolts are too short. I run a bottom tap on the blind holes, install studs and run Teflon sealant on the flanged nuts that I use. Full pump housing thread engagement and no leaks.
I have seen bottomed cover bolts that had very little clamp on the cover.
TIMINATOR

The factory bolts are too short. I run a bottom tap on the blind holes, install studs and run Teflon sealant on the flanged nuts that I use. Full pump housing thread engagement and no leaks.
I have seen bottomed cover bolts that had very little clamp on the cover.
TIMINATOR
pm sent