You can type here any text you want

Leak at proportioning valve after line install?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mazdatech78

The line from the proportioning valve to the rear rubber brake hose broke on my 83 T-type. I ran a new line and got an adapter to go from the replacement line to the valve. I cant get this adapter to seal. It looks like the correct adapter. It screws right in and has the correct flare to mate. Ive tried 2 of them and neither will seal. The adapter is made by Edleman and the part # is 258403. Anyone ever run into this problem?

James

Leaks can appear with a new installation even when care has been exercised.

When I was installing a roll control, I must have tried four times before I got a homemade double flared tubing to not leak. The peoples at the local brake shop just told me to keep on trying. (Of course they were selling me the tubing)

Use lots of pressure. Keep things clean. Do not use teflon.

I figured out what the problem was. The fittings I got from the local parts house were steel. I went to Napa and they had a brass adapter. I used the brass adapter and now the leak is gone. I think the steel adapter was just too hard and wouldnt mould to the flare on the proportioning valve.

James

Back