Leaky PowerMaster... help?

YGETV8

I think, therefore I am??
Hi All,

Well, the PM on my WE4 started acting up (leaking) last fall, and I'm now getting around to trying to fix it since I have it back together and ready (almost) to bring out for the season.

Anyway, it started to leak around the gray switch base. So, I tried a new o-ring... still leaked. Bought a different (known good) gray switch... still leaks. So, I was down on fluid and added some after following the proper instructions. Leaked worse!

Should I try two o-rings around the base of the switch? I was told that when the switch goes bad, it is because they leak to the inside where the connector goes... so why does MINE have to be different?! :mad:

I should mention that I did swap the PM for vacuum brakes on my GN and love them, but I've tried so hard to keep my WE4 as stock appearing as possible, I can't see throwing on a big ol' vacuum system.

Thanks,

Hi Jay,
Just a murphy though, did you remove the old o-ring from the previous switch?
Only need one to seal if everything else is right.
The o-ring shouldn't have any nicks or cuts on it.

Could there be a gouge, crack or groove inside the threaded hole?

All I can think of for now.

Gary

Thanks, Gary. I don't know what the deal is. It started leaking last time to the track. I've tried two different switches and different o-rings on those switches. BUT, I think I may have it stopped now. I went ahead and put a new injector o-ring on which is much heavier that the switch original. So far so good! Thanks, Jay