Lee Howie's turbo Vette runs 4.90 @145mph in the 1/8th! *Video*

Cant say I'm surprised, Lee is crazy! He used to be the only show in town around here, as far as TR's go. Hell, he built the motor thats in my car now, really know his stuff. The mustang he had before the vette was no slouch either. Crazy stuff, and great video:)

Yea, Lee is one crazy sumbi---. But he knows alot about our cars. Sometimes I still call him for help when I go stir crazy on my car. BTW Mark where the heck ya been man. Give me a call sometime.
Bubba

AS FAR AS TURBOCHARGING A CAR, A TRACTOR, OR A SCOOTER, LEE HOWIE IS "DA MAN". HE IS KNOWN AROUND THESE PARTS FOR HIS TWIN TURBO GN.. WHICH HE DROVE DOWN SOUTH FOR A RACE. HIS LATE, GREAT FRIEND, STERLING MCCULARS HAD A BAD HEART AND ATTEMPTED TO DRIVE THE TWIN BEAST AND HAD TO ABORT ON LAUNCH, HIS POOR HEART COULD NOT TAKE IT:eek: . STERLING HAD A HOWIE INFLUENCED STOCK GN WITH STOCK TURBO AND A 3 STAGE MECHANICAL FUEL SYSTEM. THIS CAR WAS KNOWN TO RUN 6.80 IN THE 1/8. LEE HOWIE COULD MAKE A YUGO :eek: OUT RUN A FERRARI.....:cool:

I've seen that car quite a few times in person.

His Mustang was cooler.

Me and Bubba were talking to him the last time he came down, and I believe he did say that was Randy Eakins old car.

Hey Joe Dirt, I've been trying to call ya...

Looks like Randy Eakins car. If so i have seen it a lot at our track.
I think he is from Missouri, i beleave he has a turbo mustang now.

Mark,
I just noticed your links to car pics. Did you get another car? Stop by the house some day. I need some help working on my 87. Grin, Grin, Wink, Wink. Ricky said hw doesn't work on dirty cars. Ha, Ha, Ha.:p :p :p

Originally posted by STP
Is that Randy Eakins old car?

Yes, it was Randy's Car. He now runs a Turbo Pro-Mustang at the NMRA events.

Good to see Lee Howie doing well with his new ride.

Joe :)