The baddest 10.5" tire car in all of the land.... *Video*

No problem.. And it was John Pyrattes that went the 4.66 in a purple turbo mustang.. From Atlanta if memory serves..

Originally posted by 1ARUNEM
No problem.. And it was John Pyrattes that went the 4.66 in a purple turbo mustang.. From Atlanta if memory serves..

:cool:

in my opinion there is a difference in a true 10.5" tire and the "W" tire. the mustang clearly has at least a 31 x 10.5W. let someone run on a 28 x 10.5 tire then see how fast they can run

I saw the 4.66 pass. It "would" have been a new 1/8th record (4.67 old record), however they weighed him to verify the record and he came in at 2996lb. 4lbs light..

Yeah, 4lbs isn't going to make a difference that is measureable in tenths of a second. Killer pass nontheless.

A Limited Street car went 4.99 on a real 10.5

That's not a real Limited Street car in my opinion. That is a backhalf car that runs in L/S any time he can since he can't keep up with the Outlaw field. Doing that is like letting a L/S car drop back to EZ Street because they can't keep up.

And the field being that close is nuts. I think it's insane that you have to run a 4.78 or faster to be in the top 8.

John doesn't drive the car, he's the main sponser from some big car dealers in the Atlanta area. Shane Barber actually drives the car. I think that one that was there is for sale, and they have another one ready to go.

Yeah, there was alot of argument about Szabo's mustang being a nothing more than an outlaw car with a 10.5 tire...

However, Bryan Renfroe went 5.04 in Limited Street in his 70? Chevelle.. Car was a definent sleeper..

Szabo's car is a back half car that is not 25.1 legal.
I think that is why they run it in the slower class.

I was disappointed at some of the cars allowed to run L/S. But it was nice to have the baddest 10.5 cars in the country at the local track. It was also nice to see a Buick guy (Lee Howie) take his turbo knowledge and put it into that corvette. It went a 4.7-4.8 with the air filter on it. I believe he could drive that car to town and grab a bite to eat.

I don't know how I missed you Scott. I heard there was something like 6500 people there Saturday. I did hear from the Crisafulli's though that you've got some more stuff for your black car. When do you plan on running it with the new setup?

Yeah, there was alot of argument about Szabo's mustang being a nothing more than an outlaw car with a 10.5 tire...

Szabo's car is a back half car that is not 25.1 legal.

Szabo wasn't the only one. Darren Hoyle was running Mike Donahue's old Outlaw car in L/S as well. They claim that those cars have no advantage, but I don't buy it. Hoyle ran a 5.05 in the heat on Friday and no one else in L/S with a frame rail car was running anywhere close to 5.0x. After the first round of qualifying was over, 2 more Outlaw cars dropped their wheelie bars and bought some 29s to put on their cars to run L/S. I think that's pretty lame. If one of the L/S cars wasn't running as fast as the field, he should be able to put ET Streets on his car and run EZ Street, if they follow that reasoning.

However, Bryan Renfroe went 5.04 in Limited Street in his 70? Chevelle.. Car was a definent sleeper..

That was my favorite pass of the weekend, hands down. That car was on kill that night. There was another frame rail L/S car that 60' a 1.19, but turned left, so he had to let out of it. That would have been a killer pass, too, if he could have finished it.

Dusty,
This isn't Scott, I'm Warren.. Scott and I rode up to the event together though. You may have seen my maroon T in the parking lot right by the admission shack.. Scott has the black car back together and is in Bristol with it.. I'll let him give all the details when he returns..

Later..

Originally posted by Dusty Bradford
I was disappointed at some of the cars allowed to run L/S. But it was nice to have the baddest 10.5 cars in the country at the local track. It was also nice to see a Buick guy (Lee Howie) take his turbo knowledge and put it into that corvette. It went a 4.7-4.8 with the air filter on it. I believe he could drive that car to town and grab a bite to eat.

I don't know how I missed you Scott. I heard there was something like 6500 people there Saturday. I did hear from the Crisafulli's though that you've got some more stuff for your black car. When do you plan on running it with the new setup?

I've seen a couple vids of Lee Howie's twin turbo Vette and that thing is pretty insane!!!

Sorry about that, I thought he went by your sig for some reason.

I did see the maroon T by the entrance and wondered who it belonged to. I had several ask me if it was mine. You probably didn't see mine, it was hiding beside an RV over in the pit area beside some L/S cars. It was close to the supercharged black T-Bird that ran L/S.

Maybe he'll turn some good times in Bristol and have plenty to talk about when he gets back.

Originally posted by 1ARUNEM
You may have seen my maroon T in the parking lot right by the admission shack.

I saw that thing and wondered whose it was. I was all but drooling on the dash of my truck. :D