You can type here any text you want

Let Dragsters race at BG

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

casper

If you want to see the V6 Dragsters at BG. Call GSCA 229-244-0577. They should let them run Qyick 16 because it's a bracket race. It will be good for the show and Buick people. Thanks

I'd like to know what Mike's V6 sounds like with a blower on top...gotta be something special.

Let the dragster run.

Also let the SBC Regals run!
yes i think the v8 turbo car are the way of the future! we have got to keep up with the times and do what ever it takes to keep the people coming to our events.

The gsca would probably allow this. Then they would tack on a non-v6-turbo-buick-bigblock-2door entry fee of 500$ for a 75$ payout.

In my mind there's no option here. The dragsters have to run!! Do whatever it takes to get them there.

I know. My mind. Skip the jokes. Yes, that means you too Scott.

buick motor , buick body, or both i think you should be able to run just like the ford events and chevy events. im not trying to run tso just brackets if anything. but even to just run and play around im still going.

buick motor , buick body, or both i think you should be able to run just like the ford events and chevy events. im not trying to run tso just brackets if anything. but even to just run and play around im still going.

Inless they changed the rules for Q16 you will have to run Bracket 1.
Rules state must be buick motor and buick body.This is the one of reasons
I get rid of my 8 second buick powered mustang (Don't need an 8 second car to run in a 11-10 second bracket race). So good luck I hope they let you
run .But I would be surpised if it is in Q16.

Dennis
88 mustang gt 8.94 at 155.75mph (Buick powered)(sold)
Winner of Q8 at midwest challange 2003
Runner up Q8 at midwest challange 2002

Let the dragster run.

Also let the SBC Regals run!

I totally agree!!!! I saw the V6 rail, it was awesome. Its a bracket class.

I go to Super chevy shows and see Mustangs running small block chevys, Regals running small block chevys, Hummers with the diesel engine that was in the Chevy truck from the factory in the 90's. At a super chevy show which is huge, the rule is if it is a Chevy in some shape or form you can participate. At these events you see alot of really nice cars and the track is always busy with somebody making a pass on it. The cars are still going down the track during the awards ceremony.

Same thing at a Fun Ford weekend. I see a Mustang with a Buick v6 in it. I see a camaro with a Ford 460. Same rule if it is a Ford in some shape or form you are in.

We say "going fast with class". I just want to have fun and see awesome cars.

TSO = amwesome
TSM = awesome
Not getting to see a V6 dragster make a pass during competition = a huge let down.
Not getting to see a Grandnational with a Bad A$$ V8 turbo under the hood = a huge let down.

I want to see mare car count. SUper Chevy shows have alot of nice cars, and a gazillion things going on, but the Buick crowd is a ton more fun to hang out with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is also becoming a hot topic for the BPG Nats in Columbus, hopefully once the new board of directors is seated this can be resolved well before August. BPG is supposed to be a lot more "racer friendly" and this would be the perfect opportunity to prove it. While personally I may draw the line at a non-buick engined car the argument that "so long as it says Buick somewhere it should be allowed" certainly is a common feeling and one that should not be ignored.

Back