You can type here any text you want

light years behind

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1rag231

What is the deal? We have more technology than Buddy Ingersoll ever had (Fuel Inj., turbos, F.A.S.T. system). Why are the twin turbo buicks 4/10 (maybe a little better) of a second behind. 1986 seems so long ago. What did he do to go so freaking fast that we can't at least duplicate. Maybe he needs to conduct a seminar or two just to get us back on the right track. I would love to have some input or info on who built his motors, combonation (CR, stroke, car location now) any thing!!

Excellent post and intriguing question!

Source for Ingersoll info?

Anyone know him "in the day"?

Where was his shop?

TIA!!

:) :) :)

Two Words

"Factory Sponsor"

Imagine how fast a racer could be now if buick dropped off
a truck load of parts and money every month.

I read somewhere that Ingersoll's single turbo, cost around $40,000
apiece!! Something about the Indy 500/CART guys were the only people
with extensive turbo experience at the time $$$$$$. If I remember correctly,
he ran 3.4 stroke, stock bore 4.1's(252ci). A prostock chassis, and a car
that weighs 2200# doesn't hurt, either.:D :cool:

IF YOU CAN"T BEAT 'EM, BAN 'EM!

Fast enough to be banned...hehehe!

Despite the mega-$$$$$ of the other factory-backed cars, the Buick powered by them all like a whistling laser banshee!

Half the cubes, 2 less cylinders, and the only way to "beat" it was to ban it!

Buddy freaked the Pro Stock world!

Hehehe! :)

Buddy's chassis & suspension was the state-of-the-art "norm" for Pro Stock, then. Just think how that same car would perform with today's tires, turbos, ECUs, etcetera! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Again, great thread question! :)

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Anyone know where any video of his runs are? I figure a television camera must have been at a national event at least once.
This isn't the article I thought it was. There is another one out there, I think Scott Simpson (or Keller) knows where it is. I think the article is longer and all in black and white. Talked about his "unofficial" 6-second pass.

Back